People to go the Droid in November...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hmmm...I think your math may be off.... I have Droid, Wife has BB tour, we are on family plan AND I get 20% off for working at local hospital and our bill is 170$ a month.

again, adding a line is only $10 a month, i wouldnt have any other plans on that line, just putting it on there to get the phone...

The $30/mo is a mandatory data plan for the smartphone. Being on the family plan you can add another line for $10/mo. That adds up to $40 a month because you can't cancel the $30/mo (just data) you are currently paying for your droid.

As Hookbill said, you can renew early. If you got your phone last November they are cutting you a deal. 40/mo for 6 months is 240 bucks right there. Long term the deal is cheaper if you really want the Droid X.

I get to play the waiting game. I won't be first in line. I probably will wait for the droid pro or droid 2 or whatever comes next. Then I might still wait for the one after that. My current phone works great. I'm in no rush....yet:)

if you sign up for it then transfer the smartphone to the other line you use mainly and put some basic phone on the new line you will only will be charged 10/month

this is what i do. my dad has a plan for his employees over at his place of work but they never need to upgrade the phones over there. so when i see a new phone i want i just use one of those upgrades. I accept the smartplan and activate it momentarily then switch it back to the other phone and cancel the smartplan (to free up the ESN)

no problems :)

dave4100

Reaction score
I'm eligible for the upgrade but I will wait until around Christmas time and hopefully, the droid pro will be out or some other super phone. No rush for me. The droid is ok until then.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I picked up my Droid on launch day last year.....I am not really interested in owning the DX, just in the Rooting Process of it, because we might have to follow suite with future Motorola/Android Devices I think the more we know the better.

I am Interested though to see what the Droid 2 is packing underneath it's sleek exterior and as I said earlier how sweet it would be if the 2 in Droid 2 meant 2Ghz.

and of course the MDP

Last edited:

denlem

Reaction score
This is why I get my phone on 1 year plans. You pay a little more for the phone, but you get to upgrade in 10 months! Still cheaper than adding lines, buying en eBay, or paying full price!

Dmoralize

Reaction score
I bought in November but i'm not worried about the new phones right now. I'm not going to start playing the game of catchup every 6 months just because something slightly better comes out.

The way New-Every-Two works, people who bought in November will be eligible to upgrade next July. So a year from now i'll choose from what they offer. That's a good timeline for me.

The way I figure, if you're that anxious for a Droid X now, you're going to feel the same in a few months when they announce a 2GHz phone or something. It's not worth getting worked up over. I'll enjoy the development community of my Droid for another year. Tweaking is part of the fun.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Blah, when i got my droid i told myself that for at LEAST a year, i wouldnt get caught up in having the latest and greatest, but i've been REALLY wanting the Droid X. I know that in 5 months the superphone of all superphones is supposed to come out. I need to forget about the Droid X and wait for the 2ghz phone :D

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts or comments?
You gotta pay to play. Not sure what there is to discuss here...

It's going to be a constant problem if you're always eyeing new toys. There's always something newer and better on the way. IMO it's not worth upgrading to anything in the near future considering what's just around the corner. YMMV, of course.

Last edited:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
personally i wouldn't upgrade yet..... with LTE being rolled out at the end of the year and Verizon already has several LTE phones in the works it's better to just wait.

i cant wait in 6 months youll be hearing everyone complaining because they got a droid x and now there stuck and cant get a LTE phone.