Pedometer

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here use their pedometer? I am wondering if you find it about as accurate as a real one. I've done a few tests where I take a certain number of steps then see if it matches the phone and it's always within a couple but I'm not sure if it stays accurate throughout the day.
I use mine since getting the s view cover and it having the ability to show my steps. Before it was an "out of sight, out of mind" thing.
I do most of my walking in a day at work but am not allowed to carry my phone with me so I average about 4k steps outside of work but have no idea if it's accurate. I lost my old pedometer and can't decide whether to spend the money on a new one or just use the phone.
I find the heart rate monitor matches my dedicated one so I just use the phone one mostly. It'd be really cool if it had a way to monitor my bp too.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've never compared mine with a dedicated pedometer, but I use it. I even pick my phone up to go into the other room so all my steps get counted on my day off. I get most of them during work as well, but I'm a department head, so I carry mine in case of emergency.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I found out this morning the phone being in the pocket of my sweat pants was grossly inaccurate. I took a test of 10 steps and it registered 31. In my jacket pocket a test of 10 showed 12 but the extra 2 were probably inserting and removing from my pocket because using the pedometer inserted in my holster produced the same "off by 2" result. I guess if I want to impress the wife I could carry it around for a few hours in sweat pants to make it look like I'd walked extra miles today

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I had my phone in my pocket while walking the full loop around our neighborhood....phone read 1.60 miles....this matches Endomondo tracker for my normal route .

sent from my sexy Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418402017614.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1418402017614.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 276
OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I took a late dinner break last night and was so flummoxed at having to stop and break I forgot to leave my phone in my lunch bag. I walked over 2k steps I the last hour and a half of work. The darn thing flipped back to 0 at midnight so I got another 450 leaving work and settling down after getting home. The next 2 weeks I'm not working the floor with customers so my step total will be down quite a bit. I'm a Toys R Us kid that works at Toys R Us so my energy level at work is always kinda high especially when I work the floor and get to deal with kids. Jacking my own thread a bit, they even let me be Geoffrey one day and I couldn't half see from tears of joy getting to be a character that kids took to. I wasn't worth a flip after interacting with little girl. In the photo she's saying "I love you Geoffrey". The guy that took the photo was as teary eyed as I was. They wanted a photo for corporate so I suggested we go out and get a photo in front of the store sign and that young lady, about 4 years old, was just coming into the store with her dad and ran up to me all excited.
dc76703a760f47d82f74bc1159557e37.jpg

Sorry to jack the thread.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm no Mark, but I've been putting the steps in at work while working on getting our new VOIP system up & running. Friday the 30th was a vacation day of sightseeing & you'll notice that, on the "7th" day, I rested. Haha!
db5fe879547cb9fa1d508b3983938852.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Worked a full day, then started filling the ruts left by the bobcat last summer with top soil. Breaking for lunch, then I've got about 6 of my 3/4 cu ft bags left. May need to be more, but between hauling it in the wheelbarrow & tamping it down with my feet, I'm setting a record I may never reach again. Haha!
7cd12c9dcb637b23793d1fb58b0cf657.jpg

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got an alert on my watch last week that I'd surpassed my 10k a day goal for 30 days straight.
Here's today's. The "hiking" was actually kayaking so I could map the route
dfd0e7be3b3d435484e1e7cfec19aec3.jpg

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I usually don't even hit the 10k a day, but I've been busy lately. Had kind of a slow day at work, but I more than made up for it.

jplemt

Reaction score
Google fit had decided that me riding my motorcycle has accounted for my walking over the past few days and tells me I've reached my goal with very minimal effort... Lol

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My legs hurt. Mowed the yard too, just for good measure.
47b2746a8e8bc73c685599bd55b59e45.jpg
I'll bet your legs do hurt. That's a lotta miles to walk. I'm guessing about 10 miles?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It says 11.56 right on that screenshot. Haha!

Are you running the older version of s health, or is that from your watch? Mine doesn't look like that anymore. Much more material.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I gotta wonder what s health considers running, because I don't run every day, but it almost always logs some steps as running.