Samsung's Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit are Available for Retail Globally [Poll]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-gear-line.jpg

Besides the official launch of the Samsung Galaxy S5, the other cool thing about today for Samsung fans is the launch of their Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and the Gear Fit smartwatch/wearable devices. Just as the Galaxy S5 is now available in 125 countries, so too is are these devices. The Gear 2 and the Gear 2 Neo both use Samsung's own Tizen OS, while the Gear Fit uses a different proprietary OS. The Gear 2 will sell for $299 retail while the other two devices will sell for $199.

The specs for the Gear 2 are as follows:

• 1.63-inch 320 x 320 AMOLED display
  • 1GHz dual-core processor
  • 512MB of RAM
  • 4GB of internal storage
  • 2 megapixel camera
  • Pedometer, heart rate sensor, sleep cycle monitor and more
  • Bluetooth 4.0 LE
  • irLED
  • Accelerometer and gyroscope
  • 300mAh battery (Samsung claims 2-3 days of average usage)
The main difference between the Gear 2 and the Neo version is a missing camera on the Neo. The Gear Fit is just a fitness tracker and its hardware specs are much more subdued.

Here's another poll...

Which one of these devices do you plan on purchasing?

The Gear 2
The Gear 2 Neo
The Gear Fit
None of the above

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The price is right but want to see the Moto 360.

Batman8

Reaction score
Available today?...that's what YOU say! I just got off the phone with every tech store in Illinois, ALL phone carriers AND even called Samsung directly AND NOBODY HAS THE GEAR 2 IN STOCK TODAY!!!!!!......NOBODY!!!

Which is a damn shame because I am more than willing to buy it IF it really existed and was released today as everyone is saying. But basically, this device still doesn't exist if absolutely NO ONE has it on it's "release date."

Some have even mentioned buying it online (which I am against doing because I like to see/feel products before dropping $300 on one), but even online EVERY STORE SHOWS IT AS OUT OF STOCK "ON IT'S RELEASE DATE." This is really ridiculous when even Samsung can't tell me where I can buy the device that they made AND supposedly released today.

I guess they don't want my money today...

Last edited:

jimg50

Reaction score
I was looking at all the new gear 2 models at Verizon on r 22 green brook nj and they are for sale. I'm waiting for a discount. Stupid to jump in to be the first and pay full price

Caesars

Reaction score
I'm excited to check out the fit- maybe I've falling victim to Samsung hype.

Note 3 ~ 5s

AngieB

Reaction score
Available today?...that's what YOU say! I just got off the phone with every tech store in Illinois, ALL phone carriers AND even called Samsung directly AND NOBODY HAS THE GEAR 2 IN STOCK TODAY!!!!!!......NOBODY!!!

Which is a damn shame because I am more than willing to buy it IF it really existed and was released today as everyone is saying. But basically, this device still doesn't exist if absolutely NO ONE has it on it's "release date."

I can't believe even more people aren't enraged by this! I am pretty annoyed. I just like to buy things locally so I can see them and choose the color and style I want and return to the store as well, if there are issues. Mainly, though, why call it a launch and then say, "you can order it online" (and then only have black)? They might as well not have said it was a launch.

I did see that I could buy black only at a local AT&T store, but only black of neo and gear 2.

Some have even mentioned buying it online (which I am against doing because I like to see/feel products before dropping $300 on one), but even online EVERY STORE SHOWS IT AS OUT OF STOCK "ON IT'S RELEASE DATE." This is really ridiculous when even Samsung can't tell me where I can buy the device that they made AND supposedly released today.

I guess they don't want my money today...

You are so right. I have found only black neo and gear 2 at a local AT&T store, but Best Buy which has a major section for Samsung products has never had any you could buy. I check in all of the time including on "release date" and they have never had a single one. They say things like, "It is really popular and we can't keep them on the shelves" (lie, since they have not ever had them on their shelves). Also, you can barely order them and I prefer buying in the store anyway. But, if you DO order, it can only be limited colors. Why call it a release if it is not really available?

jimg50

Reaction score
My gold and brown gear 2 bring delivered tomorrow tuesday. Ordered from Verizon

Valvoline

Reaction score
If like an sd slot on them. Videos take up mucho space quick