PDF Viewer App?

NVash

Reaction score
I just downloaded the app called 'PDF Viewer' and I was wondering if there are any better ones out there. See, Im using it to read some comics, why they made them into PDFs Ill never know, but Im using it to read some comics and its a real pain in the neck. Anyone know of any better PDF viewers?

moot

Reaction score
I use repligo reader. Awesome app and on sale at the moment. Beamreader is also a popular one.

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
I just installed Beamreader due to the Free trial, man its an amazing app. And for right now its only $2, just like Repligo is right now. At that price either one is a steal, IMHO.

moot

Reaction score
IMO repligo reader renders large pdf files much faster. I've used both repligo and beam. Bought repligo when it was 7.99. 2 bucks is a steal.

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
I did notice Beamreader seems to take a few seconds. Which one is better? Has anyone tried to view any comics on either one?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've downloaded repligo (to take advantage of the cost), but haven't tried it yet. I may install beamreader later.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
BUMP: I installed Beamreader and loaded the pdf of the Droid manual to the SD card. I could read it on both, but it seemed that Repligo was faster, but Beamreader had the "go to page" option. Maybe Repligo does, but I didn't see it on my test.

moot

Reaction score
BUMP: I installed Beamreader and loaded the pdf of the Droid manual to the SD card. I could read it on both, but it seemed that Repligo was faster, but Beamreader had the "go to page" option. Maybe Repligo does, but I didn't see it on my test.

Repligo does have a "go to page" option. You simply press the menu button on your droid and "go to page" is one of the options. Also, I don't think beamreader remembers where you last left off while reading a pdf file. This may no longer be the case, but is another reason I went with the 7.99 repligo reader, even though beam is free.

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
I noticed that, its seriously beginning to get on my nerves. I keep trying to read this comic on Beamreader but I only get to read a page or two at a time because most of the time is spent finding the book and page to begin with.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Repligo does have a "go to page" option. You simply press the menu button on your droid and "go to page" is one of the options. Also, I don't think beamreader remembers where you last left off while reading a pdf file. This may no longer be the case, but is another reason I went with the 7.99 repligo reader, even though beam is free.

Thanks for the info. I haven't used either that much yet. I bought beam, but it may still not be able to keep where you left off.

Last edited: