PDF viewer app that works with email attachments?

MarkB

Reaction score
Often I receive emails with pdf attachments that I'd like to read while on the go. Droid says "no viewer available". I've tried just about every app in the market that claims to read pdf files but I'm not sure if these are supposed to read attachments since none of them make any difference, I still get the same error message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

OP
M

MarkB

Reaction score
Odd then, nope I haven't been able to open a single pdf file sent as an email attachment. I haven't tried any Office files but will do so. Still, even if that works it won't solve my problem. Thanks.

OP
M

MarkB

Reaction score
The other email app for my standard pop3 account. And now I'm using K-9 Mail for it too, can't get a pdf to open in either one.

Mojo

Reaction score
Buy docs to go...works great! Dont know if it is still on sale but I picked it up in the android market for 10 bucks

OP
M

MarkB

Reaction score
That's a possibility. At least I can return it if it doesn't work. It might not if there's some sort of file association problem on my Droid for some reason. If there's a native app, and I've tried other pdf apps, and none of them are working...

Silver Member
Reaction score
docs to go has worked for everything i've needed. it's a great app.

allikanbe

Reaction score
When I get email with attached files (doc, pdf, whatever) I cannot open them even with the paid version of Docs to go. If I forward that same email to another account on my Droid, I can open them with no problem. With the forwarded emails, I get the "PDF to Go or Quickoffice" window and can choose either. With the original email, I get "fetching" and nothing else.

OP
M

MarkB

Reaction score
I tried beamrider with no luck. And allikanbe, thanks for the tip. Sounds like we both have some sort of bug, but I wonder why it's working well for other folks then. Like if we installed some other app that's causing a conflict. You shouldn't have to jump through hoops like that. I'll try the same thing to see if it works. Thanks.

k-bueno

Reaction score
When I get email with attached files (doc, pdf, whatever) I cannot open them even with the paid version of Docs to go. If I forward that same email to another account on my Droid, I can open them with no problem. With the forwarded emails, I get the "PDF to Go or Quickoffice" window and can choose either. With the original email, I get "fetching" and nothing else.

You have to clear the defaults and the choice will come back up. I still cant open certain pdfs..this is ridiculous.

Erich_F

Reaction score
I can open PDFs on my POP mail and my Gmail account, no problems. My gripe is, I can't save the darn things to my SD card :(

evad

Reaction score
pdf app opens e mail attachments

I have a yahoo and g mail account. The pdf viewer did not work for my yahoo mail attachments so I forwarded from yahoo to g mail. Opened easily from there. Any one know the reason ?