Pdanet

samiusmc

Reaction score
30 days. After they you're limited to web browsing only unless you pay 35.00

tycedeano

Reaction score

I bought it last night for $24. It works like a champ. Does anyone know if you're supposed to turn "USB Debugging" back off after installation?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Is tethering free and unrestricted if you're rooted (VZW gestapo aside)?

You do not need to be rooted.
It is free after the 30 day trial, but you cannot connect to https: sites.

h1br1d7heory

Reaction score

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

r-dubya

Reaction score
I bought PDANet before tethering was available for rooted users. Or more specifically, before i rooted. My observations on PDANet is that it works great, however tethering via root seems to establish a higher connection for me, plus rooted tethering works as a wifi hot spot, allowing you to provide wifi for just about ANY mobile device the needs it. Whereas PDANet only provides it for your computer, via USB or bluetooth DUN.

wooddale

Reaction score
Have 2 computers downloaded pdanet on one but wont work on older laptop 32bit do I download it again on that computer? I have Droidx no 2.2 yet

trol1374

Reaction score
Any computer that you want to tether with Pdanet must have that program installed.
But, your question is confusing. You said it won't work but are asking do you download pdanet to it again? If it is XP and up, it should work.
Or maybe your asking if with the Droid X does it need pdanet to tether? I know the 2.2 has tethering. Just need to be able to install the phone drivers on the computer.

Last edited:

wooddale

Reaction score
Any computer that you want to tether with Pdanet must have that program installed.
But, your question is confusing. You said it won't work but are asking do you download pdanet to it again? If it is XP and up, it should work.
Or maybe your asking if with the Droid X does it need pdanet to tether? I know the 2.2 has tethering. Just need to be able to install the phone drivers on the computer.

Sorry I was a little missleading but you answered my question perfectly makes sense how would another computer know unless you tell it. bought the full version of pdanet works great. It works on old 32bit under my screen name but doesnt seem to work under my wifes name its running xp should it or am I doing something wrong or is the old guy just beat. Thanks Larry

trol1374

Reaction score

Sorry I was a little missleading but you answered my question perfectly makes sense how would another computer know unless you tell it. bought the full version of pdanet works great. It works on old 32bit under my screen name but doesnt seem to work under my wifes name its running xp should it or am I doing something wrong or is the old guy just beat. Thanks Larry

If this computer works under your name and same computer under wife's name doesn't work. Then sounds like you just need to do another install when signed in with her name. Likely the system didn't associate the program to separate login's.

wooddale

Reaction score

If this computer works under your name and same computer under wife's name doesn't work. Then sounds like you just need to do another install when signed in with her name. Likely the system didn't associate the program to separate login's.
Thanks again Trol thought that was it but wasnt sure. So as long as my phone is registered I can use any computer as long as I register it on that computer and put my serial# in. Larry