Pda Net issue Droid to Mac

ShaneCroughan

Reaction score
Okay so this isn't really an issue with my droid, it's more of an issue with my Mac it seems. I am trying to run PdaNet but I can't get it to work for the life of me. I try to "connect" with the icon in my menu bar and I get this error - "Unable to open interface (e00002c5)"
and the somehow I managed to get some new profile in my network settings called "Ethernet...(en3)" and that one says connected but reads underneath - Ethernet Adaptor (en3) 2 has a self-assigned IP address and may not be able to connect.
I found one post on this exact problem but he fixed it himself by rebooting... that did not work for me... Please help cause I'd rather not use any other apps since you cannot access protected sites as where you can with PdaNet.
My phone is not rooted****

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you do the instructions on this page PdaNet Desktop for Mac It works with my girlfriends un-rooted droid on an iMac. I would delete the application from your mac and re download the desktop client and try again. It is only for OS X 10.5 and above. If you have the free version of pdanet I dont believe it can view secure pages.

Btw, tethering would be a lot easier if you rooted.

OP
S

ShaneCroughan

Reaction score
Did you do the instructions on this page PdaNet Desktop for Mac It works with my girlfriends un-rooted droid on an iMac. I would delete the application from your mac and re download the desktop client and try again. It is only for OS X 10.5 and above. If you have the free version of pdanet I dont believe it can view secure pages.

Btw, tethering would be a lot easier if you rooted.

I have reinstalled it on both my phone and computer, I followed all the instructions and it still doesn't work =( I do have OS X 10.5.8
I've actually rooted my phone before but I ended up going to the 2.2 update so I went back. I'm thinking I should just root it again. I'm just a little afraid of rooting is all. I still have this DM updater app on my phone, is that all I need to root?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP
S

ShaneCroughan

Reaction score
You have usb debugging on correct?

I do not think the DM updater will re-root your phone. You will need a PC. Here is a popular rooting method below:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

*Edit: I took out the other link because I am unsure of that method.

You may be able to find the newest version of z4root somewhere on xda developers, that may work too.

I shouldnt have any problem rooting using my mac and one of those options right?
P.s. Thank you very much for your help

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to use a PC for those methods. I haven't been able to find a way to root the d1 using a Mac (I am a mac user too), except for z4root. You may have to borrow someones computer. Let me see if I can find the latest version of z4root, not sure if it will work though but its worth a try.

OP
S

ShaneCroughan

Reaction score
OP
S

ShaneCroughan

Reaction score
For some reason I cannot upload the apk file. I got it from here [APP] z4root - xda-developers. I believe it will only work with 2.2, not 2.2.1. The other way by MotoCache1 is a better way of doing it though. I use Unlockr's method on a PC a way back How To: Root Your Android Phone (SuperOneClick Method) | TheUnlockr I am no pro on rooting though.

hmm, I'm having trouble finding the z4root on the market.. any other way to get it?

Wait I just realized I did it with 2.2.1 I didn't read that part correctly when you said it hahaha... I'm not sure if it was rooted or not. Aye

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Np. Sorry pdanet didn't work. Good luck.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
For some reason I cannot upload the apk file. I got it from here [APP] z4root - xda-developers. I believe it will only work with 2.2, not 2.2.1. The other way by MotoCache1 is a better way of doing it though. I use Unlockr's method on a PC a way back How To: Root Your Android Phone (SuperOneClick Method) | TheUnlockr I am no pro on rooting though.

hmm, I'm having trouble finding the z4root on the market.. any other way to get it?

Yea you can get it from xda developers at the link I posted above. Its in the bottom of the first thread on that page. It is for the 2.2 froyo biuld only. You need an acct yo download from xda

OP
S

ShaneCroughan

Reaction score

Yea you can get it from xda developers at the link I posted above. Its in the bottom of the first thread on that page. It is for the 2.2 froyo biuld only. You need an acct yo download from xda

do I just transfer the file to my phone via blue tooth after that?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Put the apk file on your sdcard somewhere. Then download astro file manager from the market. In astro from your phone find your file on your sdcard. Click on the z4root apk file then click install. Before hand on your phone in settings make sure you go into application settings and allow unknown sources.