PDA net app verizon hidden charges?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Depending on your tax bracket/state, you have to earn more than $720 to pay for it. If you pay 30% of your income in taxes, you have to earn a pretax amount of $936.
Ah, I see. I don't see the point. Pretax amount is going to vary. Seems to me that you're just trying to inflate the "damage".

The story that its "to hard on the network" is a bunch of bs, they are charging for data the way they are now because they know they can get away with it, with how smartphones can surf the net.

I personally think charging for tethering is a load of crap, you can even torrent on some of these phones now, the difference between using your phone as a browser and tethering to a laptop, netbook, desktop, or what have you, is incredibly minimal anymore.
Sure. It's still a moot point. Everyone has to agree to the TOS for service and the TOS for your carrier probably mentions tethering. If it's in the TOS then you agreed to the terms. Ranting here accomplishes nothing.

using my xoom with my phone doesn't seem to be against the rules... at least I've not read anything where it is seeing as it's built into the system.
Tethering is tethering. What you're tethering doesn't matter.

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I know its a moot point, and I'm not really ranting, simply saying their excuses for why its per mb and the data is limited is a load of crap they are feeding to their subscribers. the small amount of people who actually "overuse" is rather small. Its all about the money for them. Nothing can be done about it aside from accepting it or taking chance of getting caught.

I remember reading that the majority of people with an iphone 4 think it is 4G because the iphone 3G was infact 3g. People are willing to accept almost anything those employees tell them

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
Do you have a xoom? Connect your xoom to your phone through bt then go to bt options on the xoom, click the little wrench and then press use to tether, worked on stock xoom rom since I bought it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I just got the Bionic, so technically I don't need root using the Xoom tether method? Cause I got the Xoom Wifi. I've always used BT tether with my OG droid, but that required Wireless Tether for root.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just got the Bionic, so technically I don't need root using the Xoom tether method? Cause I got the Xoom Wifi. I've always used BT tether with my OG droid, but that required Wireless Tether for root.

I have always used the bt tether method on my xoom, whether it was rooted or not... not sure if my phone being rooted affected that, but still its always worked, enjoy the bionic... I'm gonna wait until they release a quad core phone I think

Sent from my hexen d2g using Droid Forums!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you only need it once or twice a year, why don't you just pay for it, once or twice a year? You can add and remove the feature at will and is no more than than $1 per day.

Free tethering is not part of "the system". It may be part of a custom rom you installed though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If I decide to add a 2GB tethering package, I have been allotted nearly 68 MB's per day. Therefore, if I add the package today, use 100 MB's, and decide that I no longer need it, I will be charged a prorated overage for all data over 68 MB's.

It's happened with the unlimited smartphone data package, and I see no reason why it would be any different with the 2GB tethering package.

Edit: On a side note, I'm using EasyTether as we speak on the latest Gingerbread OTA.

Last edited: