PC won't recognize Droid, help?

Alec

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying that this thread is probably in the wrong place and I have no clue where to start it, so since I'm new to forums I chose here.
My PC won't even recognize that I have my Droid connected via USB. Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
What kind of droid do you have? If you don't get much response here, you may want to post in the forum for your specific droid.

I, believe, for most droids you have to download drivers on your pc for it to recognize your droid. You should also get a pop-up or you can pull down the notification bar and select the option to connect your sd card.

It is also possible that the usb cable is not the correct one for your phone. I have many usb chargers that all work okay to charge my phone but only some of them will actually work when plugged into my pc (will still charge just not give me the option to connect).

Hope this helps some.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

OP
A

Alec

Reaction score
I have the droid 1. The thing is though, is that I've connected it to my PC multiple times in the past and it has just recently started to do this.
Maybe I just need a new phone seeing how I've used this one for 1 1/2 now with nonstop use.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Not sure if this will work but try downloading the drivers again. You should be able to get them from motorola's website. Or try a different usb cable...maybe your old one had gone bad. And then again, maybe your phone has decided it's too old and doesn't want to work right anymore.

OP
A

Alec

Reaction score
I downloaded the drivers again, cleaned and reinstalled them and it didn't help.
If it comes down to it, I'll just go out and get a new phone. Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Your welcome! We tried! You could also take it to verizon. sometimes they actually have quick fixes for things. Worth a try.