Pattern Attempt Lock, No password for Email.... how do I do a hard reset???

Melissa Blkhr

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr XT910
Hello.... im frustrated. I have a razr xt910 and did too many pattern attempts, so now the phone is locked unless I provide the email and password to unlock it. problem is I can't access my text messages when google sends me confirmation code to reset my google password. how can I do a hard reset from this screen and delete everything?? I just want my phone back......

Mad in Arizona.....

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Can you turn the phone off, get into recovery and wipe data?

Sent from my Eclipsed XT1060

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Can't you reset your gmail password from a PC (assuming you have a PC) without a text code? If not...GoCliffGo's advice might be the only option

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm thinking you should be able to do it from a pc as well. However, if none of those options work, you could always swing by your carrier tomorrow and they can reset it for you. This actually happens more often than you might think, and they can get you back up and running in a matter of minutes. Good luck & let us know how you make out.

tap'n on my S5

OP
M

Melissa Blkhr

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr XT910
Can you turn the phone off, get into recovery and wipe data?

Sent from my Eclipsed XT1060
How do I get into recovery mode from this screen? It doesn't allow me to do anything besides power off

Can't you reset your gmail password from a PC (assuming you have a PC) without a text code? If not...GoCliffGo's advice might be the only option

ecovery mode from

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I believe these are the steps for a Razr XT910:

Turn the phone off >
Hold Vol Up, Vol Down together and press and hold the Power button >
Release Power button and you should see options >
Vol Down to highlight Recovery then Vol Up button to select (you have to be quick with this step)
You will see the Moto logo for a few seconds then the Android Recovery screen (Andy on his back)
Hold Vol Down, then press Vol Up & release Vol Up >
You should be in the Recover menu > use Vol down to scroll down and select Wipe Data / Factory Reset >
Power button to select >
Use Vol down to scroll down and highlight Yes >
Power button to select

Hope that helps. I'm still not sure how you are going to activate the phone without your G Mail password to see the text to reset your G Mail?