S6 active pattern lock not working

Soundcity

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6 active
So I set up a pattern lock after having a pin for about half a year(going from pattern-> pin-> attempt to use pattern again),I set the pattern and when I try to put it in out says that it's incorrect(even though I know it isn't), and I have to lock myself out just so I can put in the backup pin to get in my phone.And since I have the backup pin I can't use my Google account to reset it, and it requires the swipe code to reset my phone. Any help?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I would try unlocking the phone first with the pin, then removing all lock methods, pin, pattern or otherwise, making the phone able to power on and go immediately to the home screen without any security. In order to do that you will likely have reenter the pin as part of the security protection. Make sure you are successful in removing the security before powering off the phone and attempting to power back on, so that it doesn't lock you out completely.

Once you have that working, I would start again with creating the primary unlock method (pattern), and then add the backup method (pin), in that order.

Someone else may have a better solution but that would be my process and it has worked for me before.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
S

Soundcity

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6 active
I would try unlocking the phone first with the pin, then removing all lock methods, pin, pattern or otherwise, making the phone able to power on and go immediately to the home screen without any security. In order to do that you will likely have reenter the pin as part of the security protection. Make sure you are successful in removing the security before powering off the phone and attempting to power back on, so that it doesn't lock you out completely.

Once you have that working, I would start again with creating the primary unlock method (pattern), and then add the backup method (pin), in that order.

Someone else may have a better solution but that would be my process and it has worked for me before.

I can't get into the settings to take off or remove the password without having to do the pattern

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Is there anyone else out there with any ideas.