Patent Trolls Already Targeting Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
TROLL-nose-pick.jpg

It looks like the patent Trolls are already itching for some "toll collection fees" to allow the Amazon Kindle Fire to pass over their bridge. Amazon has reportedly already been targeted by a lawsuit from patent licensing firm Acacia Research. Lest you think that Acacia Research is anything but a troll, keep in mind that they do not produce or sell an product of their own. They are simply a company that profits by purchasing intellectual property and then licensing it out through a variety of subsidiaries. The firm claims that Amazon’s Kindle Fire infringes on several of its patents. One supposedly covers graphics on a touchscreen that respond when a user “writes” on said screen. Another is titled “System And Method For Displaying And Manipulating Multiple Calendars On A Personal Digital Assistant.” This same company currently has several unsettled lawsuits pending with a host of companies including Apple. Basically, this company exists solely to abuse and profit from the broken patent system. Perhaps the newest changes to patent law will eventually lead to the demise of this particular bridge troll.

Source: Kindle-FireForum.com via BGR

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has there ever been a product that hasent been the target of so many patent lawsuits? Kinda makes me scared to even try to invent, innovate anything. I'll stick to trying to invent, innovate something that can get sold on those infomercials...lol

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has there ever been a product that hasent been the target of so many patent lawsuits? Kinda makes me scared to even try to invent, innovate anything. I'll stick to trying to invent, innovate something that can get sold on those infomercials...lol

Just stay out of the tablet and cell phone business

Also:

You don't pay no tolls, we don't get no Rolls...

View attachment 41233

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

My goal is to invent something and make it on to the show Skark Tank because those guys can just buy my product off me for like a cool Billion dollars and they can deal with getting the patents and what not.