[Rumor] Amazon's Next Kindle Fire May Already be Delayed

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
kindle-fire-mockup2.jpeg

A report from DigiTimes suggests that Amazon's rumored next-gen Kindle Fire 2 may already be delayed. Here's a quote with more info,

Amazon's current-generation Kindles do not come with a front light but instead require an additional light source for illumination when used in low light areas. Since Barnes & Noble launched its Nook Simple Touch With GlowLight, Amazon has been working on its new and revised Kindle to compete and has been rumored to release the devices early the third quarter.

However, there have been recent reports indicating that Amazon has stopped certain parts shipments for the new Kindle and there is a possibility that orders from Amazon's electronic paper display provider, E Ink, will be stopped throughout July and August in order to tackle issues with the device's front light, added sources.

The possibly delay could reduce E Ink's shipments by 1.5-1.8 million units, thus giving the company poor order visibility for the third quarter.

Hmmm... could this be one of the reasons why Amazon is courting Google to carry the Nexus 7, or is it merely coincidence?

Source: AndroidTablets.net and Kindle-FireForum via AndroidAuthority

neilrl79

Reaction score
That actually sounds like they are talking about the lower level kindle e-readers, it mentions e ink which isn't used on the tablet like fire and presumably the fire 2

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Hmmm... could this be one of the reasons why Amazon is courting Google to carry the Nexus 7, or is it merely coincidence?

Even though it's pure speculation, I thought the same thing as I read this story. I guess time will tell!