[Rumor] Next-Gen Kindle Fire could be coming soon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
BGR-amazon-kindle-fire-10-mockup.jpeg

New rumors from DigiTimes suggest that the second generation Kindle Fire may be entering production already. For those that somehow missed it, the Amazon Kindle Fire has been an enormous success. Despite the fact that it is somewhat lacking in several areas, the little tablet has already become the number two tablet in the world in less than a full financial quarter of availability.

Previously, it was speculated that Amazon was also working on a 10-inch version of the tablet, and that it would potentially be powered by a NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core chip. Those details still remain under wraps, but a new report indicates that Amazon "placed initial chassis orders with Taiwan-based Catcher Technology for a new Kindle Fire tablet, suggesting production could begin soon." If this rumor turns out to be true, it is possible we will see the next-gen Kindle Fire as early as the second quarter of this year.

Keep your fingers crossed that this "intel" is accurate! :)

Source: Kindle-FireForum.com via BGR

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Too soon IMO. The Fire is more of a specialized tablet. I think a yearly model would be ok, but thats it.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
the little tablet has already become the number two tablet in the world in less than a full financial quarter of availability.
I hate to say it...but in what way? They are a great little tablet, but I dont think it has reached #1 status has it?

hardkore

Reaction score
I hate to say it...but in what way? They are a great little tablet, but I dont think it has reached #1 status has it?
You clearly quoted the line that SAYS #2 tablet. Obviously it got to #2 through sales.... How else would it be #2? You must be having a brain fart...

Andielyn

Reaction score
Hoping this rumor is true. Have a kindle and love it and plan on getting a Fire in the near future, most likely before a trip in June. Fingers crossed they release the new one before then! Currently I have no tablet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk