Pandora users

msu

Reaction score
What are your favorite channels????

I have a lot of channels, but looking for some that play the latest/newest songs. Can be pop or rap or rock.

I want a channel like on slacker that plays the good stuff so I can play it out on my boat.

Thanksdancedroid

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pandora doesn't work that way. As far as I know, their "genome" algorithm does not take into account the release date of music. Nor does it capture "genres" in a simple way.

If you're looking for existing channels that mirror your tastes, the best approach is to sign onto the pandora website and look for channels that have been created by others whose taste seems similar to yours.

techRob

Reaction score
I did a "Flo Rida" and a "Grits" channel. Those are the ones I listen to most (well, Grits anyway) - its' more of a Christian Hip-Hop oriented channel :) .... Flo Rida definitely hits a lot of mainstream rap.

**EDIT:: by mainstream rap, i mean a lot of stuff that happens to show up on the radio (Dre, Snoop, 2Pac, Lil Wayne, and a WHOLE LOT of others)

Last edited:
OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Hmmm well that could explain the one channel I found and use sometimes.
hip/hop radio... it plays a good mix of old and new, but it says it is a shared station and I can't hit if I like or dislike. I suppose that is what I was looking for.

When I want up to date music I run to Slacker stations, but the quality of the base on slacker sucks.

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Have flo rida already.

Thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming. This could help out others.

I don't use online to much since my work will not let me there. I'm strictly a droid user, but I plan on changing that in my new house once set up.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Tool - The Pot" - always seems to bring up other songs I really enjoy as well, and I'm only a half-hearted Tool fan

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
I guess I could suggest one.

A Perfect Circle Radio - has been a great station so far!!!

trying this on out right now. - DJ Kaled

Last edited:

c_mack9

Reaction score
perfect cirlce is an awesome station, try a rise against station too. its the best rock station so far. lil wayne mashes every hip hop station on there and kid cudi staion isnt to shaby either but you have to thumbs down a lot of kanye first. what lake are you on in the midwest. msu doesnt stand for murray state university does it?

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
perfect cirlce is an awesome station, try a rise against station too. its the best rock station so far. lil wayne mashes every hip hop station on there and kid cudi staion isnt to shaby either but you have to thumbs down a lot of kanye first. what lake are you on in the midwest. msu doesnt stand for murray state university does it?

I will check it out.

We boat here on the local lake here in Des Moines, but we also head down to the Lake of the Ozarks also.
MSU = Miss. State

Taegost

Reaction score
Yeah, you can just create your own station, and it will tailor what it plays based on whether you "like" or "dislike" songs. I created a Metallica station that got hijacked by Steve Miller and Bon Jovi... I had to dislike those songs and create a separate station for them so I could get back to my metal :)
I also set up Eminem, Chubby Checker, and Big N Rich stations as well, to fit whichever mood I'm in. I think when Christmas comes around I'll set up a Mannheim Steamroller station :)