Chromecast Finally Enabled in New Update for Pandora

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
pandora-chomecast.png

It's been a long time coming, but users of Pandora who are also owners of the Google Chromecast can breathe a sigh of relief. Pandora recently updated their Android app and it is now compatible with the Chromecast. This little addition was on top of its new tablet user interface. Now you can stream your favorite custom Pandora channels straight to your TV system with the Chromecast.

With Pandora on the Chromecast, who needs the digital audio stations on their cable TV anymore?

If you haven't tried Pandora for Android, here's the Google Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pandora.android

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Sweet! Bout time, now give me Amazon Instant video and I shall be a happy bunny.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Ok...so tell me.....if I am a person who doesn't like paying all of those high bills for cable or satellite service....would I want a ChromeCast if I have high speed internet? Haven't had the chance to research online with a baby in the house. I'm curious.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Ok...so tell me.....if I am a person who doesn't like paying all of those high bills for cable or satellite service....would I want a ChromeCast if I have high speed internet? Haven't had the chance to research online with a baby in the house. I'm curious.

Depends on how much you need to watch anything not playing on Netflix, Hulu Plus, or anything that can be streamed on a Chrome browser.

Those are the options we have right now. Personally I have not had cable in well over a year and don't miss it.

I use Amazon instant video and Netflix.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Depends on how much you need to watch anything not playing on Netflix, Hulu Plus, or anything that can be streamed on a Chrome browser.

Those are the options we have right now. Personally I have not had cable in well over a year and don't miss it.

I use Amazon instant video and Netflix.

I've never used Amazon. Any good? I bought a Roku a cpl years ago and subscribed to Netflix...but when Netflix made their mistake and increased the cost...then lost their contract w/ Starz we loaned the Roku to a neighbor. Are things better than a cpl years ago?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I've never used Amazon. Any good? I bought a Roku a cpl years ago and subscribed to Netflix...but when Netflix made their mistake and increased the cost...then lost their contract w/ Starz we loaned the Roku to a neighbor. Are things better than a cpl years ago?

Honestly no, I could do without Netflix and just keep Amazon Prime if my wife would let me. She loves that Orange is the new Black origins series. I really like Amazon but the Chromecast can't stream that yet, have to use PS3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

77Pat

Reaction score
For me, I have Netflix and Amazon. I use Netflix more for the original series and already had a decent queue.

Most of the stuff I found on Amazon, I already have on Netflix or through Verizon Fios free VOD.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
I wish we could get Verizon FiOs. It isn't offered in my area. I can't even get U-verse yet either. I am at the mercy of Comcast Xfinity or DirectTv. Ugh.