Pandora Update?

daevans315

Reaction score
The market page doesn't say. What does this update include?
i also want to know. pandora has had a statement on their site that they're going to start limiting usage to 40hrs/mo for free users.

I"ve seen that to. I know I've been will over that the last month. I'd guess 20 to 30 hours a week. They have yet to turn me off.

grimace

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for it to cache the entire song so that if I pause it, go into the subway & lose signal, I can unpause it so it can continue playing until I get back up to the street & it get signal again.....BB's Pandora did this & it was great!

Also, I miss the time remaining/playing of the song as well......nice to know how long a song is sometimes to see if it's worth pausing or if I should just wait for the beginning of the next one (at least that's valuable in the above situation)

ShowTime

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for it to cache the entire song so that if I pause it, go into the subway & lose signal, I can unpause it so it can continue playing until I get back up to the street & it get signal again.....BB's Pandora did this & it was great!

Also, I miss the time remaining/playing of the song as well......nice to know how long a song is sometimes to see if it's worth pausing or if I should just wait for the beginning of the next one (at least that's valuable in the above situation)

This is actually what I was going to post as a change I think I've noticed. I may have just never noticed before, but I've noticed since the update that I can have a song playing, pause it, hit Home (exiting the app) and not use it again for a day or more, but when I restart it again, it is still on the same song, same spot. And I can play it and it picks up right where it left off. I know you could do this before if you had the widget, but I don't use it. And I'm prettys ure I remember that, in the past, if I didn't use the app for a while, it would start a random new song when I opened it again. Anyone else confirm/deny this behavior as postupdate?

grimace

Reaction score

This is actually what I was going to post as a change I think I've noticed. I may have just never noticed before, but I've noticed since the update that I can have a song playing, pause it, hit Home (exiting the app) and not use it again for a day or more, but when I restart it again, it is still on the same song, same spot. And I can play it and it picks up right where it left off. I know you could do this before if you had the widget, but I don't use it. And I'm prettys ure I remember that, in the past, if I didn't use the app for a while, it would start a random new song when I opened it again. Anyone else confirm/deny this behavior as postupdate?

Hmmm....do you ever go into areas where you lose signal for an extended period? I tried it again this morning, paused it, an hour later I was in the subway & as I was still underground but close enough that I had enough time to listen to the song I had paused at, but when I went to the widget, all I got was searching for signal or something.......and actually I just reminded myself of that & saw that it was still saying that 3 hours later!

Maybe that's just a widget error coincidence......I'll have to try it once again tonight when I go home......this & the whole FB totally blowing really makes me miss :blackberry:.....but not enough to go back ever......unless we NEVER get a kindle app which they finally released for BB as well.....bastards! Digression/rant over.:icon_ devil:

ShowTime

Reaction score
Nope, no subways, sewers, big lead boxes.... lol. Seriously though, I have a signal pretty much anywhere I go. I will say that, messing around with it more today, it only remains on the same song/spot if I don't change stations. If I use one station, pause it and switch stations, or exit then reopen it and switch stations.... when I return to the first station I was listening to it does load a new song. Do you use the widget?

Gkope

Reaction score
I'm trying to update to the new version of Pandora (1.2) from the market. I keep trying to update, but get an error 'Package file was not signed properly' I've tried rebooting, but to no avail. I am rooted and running AdamZ's smoked glass ROM.

Anyone else having this issue?

When I check "Application Info" for Pandora in "Manage Applications" it says Version 5. Or am I looking in the wrong spot? Don't remember updating in the past couple days, but there have been quite a few so I may have.

grimace

Reaction score
Nope, no subways, sewers, big lead boxes.... lol. Seriously though, I have a signal pretty much anywhere I go. I will say that, messing around with it more today, it only remains on the same song/spot if I don't change stations. If I use one station, pause it and switch stations, or exit then reopen it and switch stations.... when I return to the first station I was listening to it does load a new song. Do you use the widget?

Ah, you're damn lucky then! Oh well, i suppose i'll have to wait for the next update to roll around......maybe i'll shoot somebody there an email about it. When I have/keep signal, yes, for the most part, it will always stay paused & instantly start at that spot when I play again.

I do use the widget, tho it seems to have been pretty flaky lately, i've deleted/restored it several times in the last couple of weeks.

As far as going btwn stations, that's how it's supposed to work. Same thing on the BB & even if you use their website on a computer, same thing.

BullDroid

Reaction score
I uninstalled, and re-installed, which seemed to fix it. I'm wondering if the problem was the modded notification widget with white text that I installed..

I'm sure this has already been answered but in case it hasn't it was the modded version of Pandora causing the problems. i just choose not to update since the update doesn't really seem to include anything anyways.