Panasonic Brings Toughpad FZ-A1 to Market for $1500

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Panasonic-Toughpad-FZ-A1.jpg

This new tablet from Panasonic is truly a niche product. While the premise of the device is appealing, the price leaves it firmly in a market crevice that is only affordable when you absolutely need it. Still, for those who fit that category, the new Panasonic Toughpad FZ-A1 may be necessary. This new military-grade spec device will retail for $1,500 dollars, and comes packed with the ruggedness you would expect at that price-point. Here's a slew of specs to illustrate:
  • MIL-STD 810G and IP65 compliant (designed to protect it from 4ft drops and temperatures ranging from 14 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit)
  • 10 inch display providing a resolution of 1,024 x 768 pixels
  • Fitted with dual cameras offering both 5 and 2 megapixels
  • 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
  • 1GB of RAM
  • Satellite-based GPS and optional 3G connectivity
  • A micro HDMI port
  • Bluetooth 2.1
  • Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
  • Security features like Marvel Trusted Boot and hardware assisted storage encryption
  • Google’s Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)
How many of our members can actually find a need for a device like this? Share your thoughts in the thread.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via Geeky-Gadgets

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Definitely going to need this for the couch during the NFL playoffs, something has to get smashed:D

For that price, you would think it would come with better hardware. And it only comes with ICS?!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
OH come on....only 4 foot drops. And for $1500, put some good hardware in it. What a piece of turd.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I always thought Apple was over priced for what they offered......but this just took the cake! My OG Razr has at least 8/11 of those specs mentioned and 4 of those the Razr best it with the rear camera, BT, 4G, and JB. Lol What a joke!

TJF2011

Reaction score
The price doesnt surprise me. At our agency, we have the Panasonic Tough books and they are more expensive than this with lower specs.

I expected atleast a quad-core processor :( guess we wont be buying these for our agency.

Verizon Samsung S3
ROM: Jelly Beans 8
KERNEL: Imoseyon Lean Kernel 1.4
THEME: Magnum Cream