Palm Pixi has MT?

cc16177

Reaction score
I could be totally overlooking something but i've noticed a lot of threads with people talking about how the Droid couldn't come with MT enabled because of an Apple copyright thing or something... but I just noticed that Palm Pixi commercial shows someone using it?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What's MT?

Batfan.com

Reaction score
MT = Multi-Touch

Droid does indeed support this.

See [video=youtube;cM1JSFXnQpg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM1JSFXnQpg"]this video[/video] for an example.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Droid supports MT just does not natively come with it. There are many rumors around why the droid didn't come with MT, there is no clear evidence as to why it didn't. Some say copyright, some say because apple asked them not to. But what is clear is that other phones have come with it that weren't apple. Palm pre, droid milestone, and other.

BavarianBuilt

Reaction score
I thought pinch-and-zoom was a subset of multi-touch? Therefore I thought the droid DID support multi-touch just not pinch-and-zoom?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought pinch-and-zoom was a subset of multi-touch? Therefore I thought the droid DID support multi-touch just not pinch-and-zoom?

Yes sorry I misspoke. Pinch-zoom is a subset of MT. It supports both, picsay uses pinch-zoom if you want to, and a few others are known.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Remember, Palm is (for reasons known only to them) perfectly happy with duking it out with Apple. After all, look at the games they are playing with iTunes and faking USB ids to enable their phone to sync.

By avoiding the whole issue, the Droid still eventually gets multi-touch (through additional apps), but avoids creating a situation that could have taken away from the launch if Apple had tried to lash out with a lawsuit.

The one positive to Palm's way of doing things is that every time Itunes breaks the Pre sync, they get mentioned in the news, and every time they issue a patch to enable sync again, it gets back in the (tech) news as well. Free publicity.

In the end though Android can wait until they battle it out in court to see where Apple and Palm (and possibly the courts) go with this battle.

SoCal65

Reaction score
Droid Eris (HTC) and HTC Hero (Sprint) both have MT and Pinch/Zoom -who knows what happened with Moto Droid..... So both Palm and HTC have it with no issues..... hmmmmm...