Pairing with vehicle bluetooth

medic2pa

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with pairing their D3 with their vehicles preinstalled bluetooth system?
I have a 2007 Mercedes GL320 w/Command System and BT "puck" as they call it. D3 will pair, phone numbers will show up in numerical order on my veh screen, but none of the name or type of phone transfers from my phone book. I had the local Vz store also pair one of the store D3's to my vehicle and the same thing happened, so it's not my phone. It appears to be a Motorola issue. Anyone else?

otacon

Reaction score
All you can hope for is handsfree bluetooth. Anything else is just a bonus, ie contacts, caller ID, etc. I've had several devices sync'd to several different bluetooth car systems and all I've ever had was the number show up on the stereo display. I've had to manually store contacts in the car's system first then I can use voice command and such.

OP
M

medic2pa

Reaction score
But I haven't had that problem in the past. With this same system, i have sync'd an i*hone, Droid X, Palm Pre, HTC Thunderbolt and everything was available for my use from the directory (Name, cell/home/work, phone number). My Omnia didn't sync anything but the phone numbers, but that was over 2 years ago. I have had a couple issues where I have had to manually pair the phone as well b/c the car's bluetooth disconnected from the phone and two instances where the phone said it was paired on the display, but when I answered they couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear them. I had to use the phones speakerphone to chat. If Motorola's Droid X worked, they have the ability to pair previously, and pairing now shouldn't be an issue.

otacon

Reaction score
Don't know what to tell you. I guess I never really played with it much once I got them paired. Any of the other devices you've connected running Gingerbread?

OP
M

medic2pa

Reaction score
No, one was iOS and the others were all running FROYO. From the research I have been doing on various forums, it looks like MOTO has had similar issues with the ATRIX and DX2 and their release platform was FROYO also, not Gingerbread like the D3. I'll let you know what MOTO says since I am now at Level 2 tech support...

jelktoid

Reaction score
Mercedes Benz Bluetooth Issues

I have a new Droid 3 and have paired it to my 2011 Mercedes Benz S550. Everything works fine for a few minutes, and then the Droid begins to have problems. I can dial a number and the phone says that it is connected, but I cannot hear the person on the other end and they cannot hear me. I have to remove the battery from the Droid to get it working again. It will work fine until it connects the Mercedes Bluetooth and then the same thing happens again.

I had similar problems with my Blackberry Storm. I would guess that the problem lies with Mercedes, but that doesn't explain why the Droid stops working within minutes after connecting to the MB Bluetooth.

Anyone else have similar problems.

Stevelord

Reaction score
I have had a few issues with mine. My unit is an overhead Motorola speaker that attaches to the visor. Traditionally, it's worked great with my blackberry. Paired it fine with Droid3.

However, a few times I've notice when I call someone....there is silence. Then I pick up my phone and realize the audio never transferred to the BT device. This has happened 3 times so far. The point of such a system is so one fumbles around less in the damn car.