Overclocking

droidxchat

Reaction score
don't know whats up but I cannot get settings to stick after boot... confirming with quadrant status... resets to stock after boot

I'm using JRummy's app...

EDIT:... hmm, after a few reboots, it finally started to stick

EDIT... more reboots, not sticking again...

Last edited:

mr_brady

Reaction score
Rock solid @...

300/18
600/33
1000/53
1300/62

Battery is fantastic, as is responsiveness. Still tweaking mid frequency voltage, need to make sure the extremes are good before I worry about those.

Quadrant is 1600+ without Stagefright, 2000+ with.

Jeremy

What is Stagefright all about? I turned all the options on, but now my computer has a LOT of random reboots.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Rock solid @...

300/18
600/33
1000/53
1300/62

Battery is fantastic, as is responsiveness. Still tweaking mid frequency voltage, need to make sure the extremes are good before I worry about those.

Jeremy

What is Stagefright all about? I turned all the options on, but now my computer has a LOT of random reboots.

First off, don't worry about stagefright. Disable it. It does not actually make your phone faster. It just tricks quadrant to skip a step and thus give a higher score.

Secondly, that's really weird. Changing that setting on your phone makes your computer reboot? So strange!

mr_brady

Reaction score
Rock solid @...

300/18
600/33
1000/53
1300/62

Jeremy

First off, don't worry about stagefright. Disable it. It does not actually make your phone faster. It just tricks quadrant to skip a step and thus give a higher score.

Secondly, that's really weird. Changing that setting on your phone makes your computer reboot? So strange!

Should have noted that I also changed my high OC setting to the same as schoeds - 1300/62 (from 1200/66), at the same time I changed the Stagefright settings. Since then the phone has rebooted 3 times in the past 10 minutes.

Inkarnit

Reaction score

Should have noted that I also changed my high OC setting to the same as schoeds - 1300/62 (from 1200/66), at the same time I changed the Stagefright settings. Since then the phone has rebooted 3 times in the past 10 minutes.

1300/62 certainly isn't my setting. I don't overclock mine. But that is the cause of your reboots. If your phone actually works at 1300, then raise your voltage on it. 1200/66 to 1300/62 is a big difference.

schoeds

Reaction score

As you I'm sure you know, all chips are not created equal. I did, however, experience one reboot at the settings posted above so I have since dropped to 1200/60. A voltage bump would have fixed it too but the phone is plenty fast at 1200 and I'll take battery life over quadrant scores any day.

Jeremy

pandapaul

Reaction score
Using other people's OC settings

I'm seeing a lot of people using others' overclock settings. There is a lot of value in figuring things out for yourself. You'll learn a lot along the way. Using someone else's settings is an ok way to get yourself started with manually overclocking if you're using a setscaling script, but I really hope that everyone realizes this is somewhat of a shot in dim light (somewhere between a shot in the dark and a shot in the light). While you may find settings that work for a time, you won't know if they'll last or if you could actually drop the voltages further. I don't want to sound like I'm just trying to promote QuickClock, so I'm not even going to talk about it. I just want everyone to get the most out of their CPUs.

So when you're trying out someone else's settings, please just keep in mind that your processor is yours alone and might differ quite a lot from the next guy's. That said, keep on overclocking, undervolting, and having a good time. I'm right there with ya.

teh_g

Reaction score
Hey Inkarnit, I was wondering how you like the settings you posted on the first page? I grabbed them from you and am going to use those as a starting point. I am with you, I don't much like overclocking, but I will totally undervolt to save some battery life.

300/18
600/33
800/42
1000/53

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Hey Inkarnit, I was wondering how you like the settings you posted on the first page? I grabbed them from you and am going to use those as a starting point. I am with you, I don't much like overclocking, but I will totally undervolt to save some battery life.

300/18
600/33
800/42
1000/53

I love 'em. That's why I posted them :) I've been using these settings since RubiX and since making those changes have never had instability issues but still get improved battery life.

wooddale

Reaction score
I guess I understand the higher I overclock the more battery I use but what about battery temp at times with heavy use Ive got to 120 then I shut down I believe thats too hot correct?

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

jrummy & kejar have a how to sticky that explains overclocking Liberty. Droid Overclock, written by jrummy wasnt mentioned there, so... I would take the DEV's advice..... :blackdroid:

teh_g

Reaction score
jrummy & kejar have a how to sticky that explains overclocking Liberty. Droid Overclock, written by jrummy wasnt mentioned there, so... I would take the DEV's advice..... :blackdroid:

The script and the app do the exact same thing. The main differences being that the app provides a nice GUI and costs money. I opted for the app because I like pretty things and jrummy got some monies from me.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I didn't even know kejar put that up there. You can overclock w/ the script just fine as well as the app. App provides profiles and more customization however. So using either is fine.

Thanks everyone for the support :)