Overclocking

thepsyntyst

Reaction score
the only thing about that is stability test will crash when im on stock settings so i dont really think that app is all that reliable but thats just my opinion cause thats what i was doing

Haha you're right, I had just started using stabilitytesting and it does seems a bit unreliable. I went back to using SetCPU to do the stress testing as well (in the Info tab). With SetCPU I run the test for about 30min for each frequency - if the phone locks up and reboots it's time to increase the juice!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

That's what i'll have to try

so i test each frequency and i get them to run for 30 min each with no issues, but when i set all of them together i still freeze and restart. is it possible that say at 1.2 its not stable and at 1.3 it is?

Trong

Reaction score
Get rid of the task killer first, and go from there. Those kill your battery life.

Do this here.

Well its not a task killer.. Its an auto memory manager.. Idk if they are still considered the same?

It works the same way. You have to kill tasks to free up memory. I do as little micro-managing as possible and get great battery life. I get 14+ hours on heavy internet usage (not much phone use) every day. On a slow day, I had it going for 19 hours with 50% battery left.

You can see my settings on the first page of this thread.

mcp770

Reaction score
I wouldn't mess with any apps that manage memory or kill tasks. Google developers have made it clear the system is designed to manage these on its own and apps that mess with these things actually drain battery life and diminish the phones own optimizations.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I wouldn't mess with any apps that manage memory or kill tasks. Google developers have made it clear the system is designed to manage these on its own and apps that mess with these things actually drain battery life and diminish the phones own optimizations.

To go further on this... If you are on a stock X, things like minfree manager are actually worthwhile, because Moto doesn't really utilize memory management optimally. This still lets Android manage the memory though rather than manual killing. On a ROM such as this though, the memory management is tip notch. There are a multitude if little things here and there for utilizing memory properly and trying to then add something else in the mix will generally cause problems. Liberty has things under control.

millbean

Reaction score
going to try hv 700 max 400min setting will report back tonight on battery life etc

hazmat780

Reaction score
I'm running Dx 2.2.1 with Liberty ROM...
300/18
500/30
800/42
1350/70.. seems to be holding steady :D
checking on battery life now

Ok, so slight temperature & battery life issues forced me to alter my programming...I'm presently set at:

300/32
450/44
800/58
1100/64

temperatureis better.. battery life not so much. So i have set profiles to only allow the 1.1Ghz usage when the device is plugged in.. and to drop to 300mhz when the display is off.. these values were default in the file editor that comes with Liberty ROM.. I know that the device is pretty much stable after 50 passed tests in 20 minutes using StabilityTest .. if anyone has any suggestions as to how i can get the better battery life (i fing myself at about 60% in 5 or 6 hours) please, let me know.. Thanks!!

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I'm running Dx 2.2.1 with Liberty ROM...
300/18
500/30
800/42
1350/70.. seems to be holding steady :D
checking on battery life now

Ok, so slight temperature & battery life issues forced me to alter my programming...I'm presently set at:

300/32
450/44
800/58
1100/64

temperatureis better.. battery life not so much. So i have set profiles to only allow the 1.1Ghz usage when the device is plugged in.. and to drop to 300mhz when the display is off.. these values were default in the file editor that comes with Liberty ROM.. I know that the device is pretty much stable after 50 passed tests in 20 minutes using StabilityTest .. if anyone has any suggestions as to how i can get the better battery life (i fing myself at about 60% in 5 or 6 hours) please, let me know.. Thanks!!

I think your voltages are a bit high for battery life... if you insist on overclocking to 1.1 GHz I would try:

300/19
450/26
800/42
1100/58

Your phone sits at 300 MHz (or slot 1 frequency) more than any other, so the voltage there is going to make the biggest impact. Lowering it to 19 from 32 should be a huge difference. As for your battery life now... there are times where I lose close to 10% per hour as well. My signal strength at work is terrible and if I do too much on my phone while at work I'll see that kind of thing too. Signal strength is probably the biggest factor in battery consumption but people don't discuss it much because it's uncontrollable. If you are in a place that frequently changes between 3g and 1x, you probably get poor battery life. I've noticed that during work days I'll get about 15-18 hours of battery while on weekends at home I can get over 30 hours.

REARless

Reaction score
Stability test crashes no matter what I set my phone to.

Hmmm. Using StabilityTest1.2 to test voltages at each frequency seemed like a good idea.

But I kept getting StabilityTest to crash after a minute or two. Even when I used the JRummy Overclock app to set the CPU frequencies back to stock. Ironically setting my frequencies to the 1.0GHz ULV was more stable than stock.
(3-4 minutes vs 1-2 on several trials with both)

I can't get StabilityTest to run more than 5 minutes no matter what I set my phone to. Otherwise the DX is stable as can be during normal usage, I can't remember my last reboot.

Has anyone got Stability test to run for 10 minutes or more?

Marius1

Reaction score
Hmmm. Using StabilityTest1.2 to test voltages at each frequency seemed like a good idea.

But I kept getting StabilityTest to crash after a minute or two. Even when I used the JRummy Overclock app to set the CPU frequencies back to stock. Ironically setting my frequencies to the 1.0GHz ULV was more stable than stock.
(3-4 minutes vs 1-2 on several trials with both)

I can't get StabilityTest to run more than 5 minutes no matter what I set my phone to. Otherwise the DX is stable as can be during normal usage, I can't remember my last reboot.

Has anyone got Stability test to run for 10 minutes or more?

ah you missed some of the earlier posts. Don't use StabilityTest, use SetCPU's own stress test. I'd run it for about 30min each frequency.

hazmat780

Reaction score
I think your voltages are a bit high for battery life... if you insist on overclocking to 1.1 GHz I would try:

300/19
450/26
800/42
1100/58

Your phone sits at 300 MHz (or slot 1 frequency) more than any other, so the voltage there is going to make the biggest impact. Lowering it to 19 from 32 should be a huge difference. As for your battery life now... there are times where I lose close to 10% per hour as well. My signal strength at work is terrible and if I do too much on my phone while at work I'll see that kind of thing too. Signal strength is probably the biggest factor in battery consumption but people don't discuss it much because it's uncontrollable. If you are in a place that frequently changes between 3g and 1x, you probably get poor battery life. I've noticed that during work days I'll get about 15-18 hours of battery while on weekends at home I can get over 30 hours.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a shot. I really don't know at what level the device would choose to crash from too low voltage. But these are worth a shot.

Via my 1.1Ghz DroidX running Liberty v1.0 (TapTalk)

schoeds

Reaction score
Rock solid @...

300/18
600/33
1000/53
1300/62

Battery is fantastic, as is responsiveness. Still tweaking mid frequency voltage, need to make sure the extremes are good before I worry about those.

Quadrant is 1600+ without Stagefright, 2000+ with.

Jeremy