[Overclock Hack] OPPtimizer *Experimental Voltage Control Support*(By Tekahuna)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
This thread will not be updated. For most current updates refer to the stickied thread. Here is the link.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...imental-voltage-control-support-tekahuna.html

No need anymore for the overclock scripts found here: [OVERCLOCK]XT860/XT862 Overclock - xda-developers'

Before this was the script you had to run but we were limited to 1.2ghz (some people could run 1.3ghz but not many) @ the stock voltage and no scaling of the minimum frequency. On top of that there was nothing saying that we were running at 1.2ghz besides improved benchmark scores. (1.2ghz overclock would still show 1ghz when you check frequencies)

Now we are able to set a custom frequency and change the VSEL in order to achieve higher clock speed and even lower the VSEL to improve battery life. On top of that, minimum frequency scaling works now (no need to set minimum to max either) and the overclock will show up in SetCPU or any other applications that show max/current frequency.

One thing that is the same: Settings will be reset upon reboot, meaning you will lose the overclock and have to redo steps 2-5

Available here: opptimizer - The OPPtimizer Projekt by FreeWELL/tekahuna - Google Project Hosting
In order to be able to change the VSEL you must get the version labeled "OPPtimizer 0.2-beta1 for Motorola Droid 3 ***Experimenta Voltage Control Support***" in the downloads section.
Thank @Tekahuna (maybe even donate =P) over at XDA or on twitter, not sure if he is here on DF.

Enjoy!!

View attachment 45868View attachment 45869View attachment 45870View attachment 45871

Thanks to Hashcode I've set up the modules to load at boot

Process for non-aosp roms (in safestrap) I suggest advanced users only when trying this, I wont be responsible for bricking your phone =P

Boot into safestrap and connect to USB
Go to 'mounts and storage' and 'mount /systemorig' (it may already be mounted)
Open a command promt
ADB pull /systemorig/etc/safestrap/rootfs/init.mapphone_cdma.rc
Go to target directory and open 'init.mapphone_cdma.rc' in a text editor (I use notepad++)
Add these lines "insmod /system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko" and "insmod /system/lib/modules/opptimizer.ko" save the .rc file
ADB push /systemorig/etc/safestrap/rootfs/init.mapphone_cdma.rc
Reboot and your done. To test use terminal or cmd prompt and put in "echo 1122000000 1388000 > /proc/opptimizer"

Now you can set up script files for different frequencies that are stable and use those on boot (ONLY ONCE THEY ARE STABLE)

For reference on voltages check here: OPPtimizer Project - OMAP4 Overclocking [Kernel Modules][Official Thread] - RootzWiki

Went flawless for me, thanks again Hashcode for the procedure to load modules at boot!

Last edited:
OP
Cdjones187

Cdjones187

Reaction score
If you decide to do this make sure the overclock you have set is stable before applying anything on boot! Otherwise you will end up in a bootloop and have to wipe your phone! It's not my problem if you mess up somewhere or if your phone melts. This is just a tutorial to help you through the process so read carefully.

No need anymore for the overclock scripts found here: [OVERCLOCK]XT860/XT862 Overclock - xda-developers'

Before this was the script you had to run but we were limited to 1.2ghz (some people could run 1.3ghz but not many) @ the stock voltage and no scaling of the minimum frequency. On top of that there was nothing saying that we were running at 1.2ghz besides improved benchmark scores. (1.2ghz overclock would still show 1ghz when you check frequencies)

Now we are able to set a custom frequency and change the VSEL in order to achieve higher clock speed and even lower the VSEL to improve battery life. On top of that, minimum frequency scaling works now (no need to set minimum to max either) and the overclock will show up in SetCPU or any other applications that show max/current frequency.

One thing that is the same: Settings will be reset upon reboot, meaning you will lose the overclock and have to redo steps 2-5

Available here: opptimizer - The OPPtimizer Projekt by FreeWELL/tekahuna - Google Project Hosting
In order to be able to change the VSEL you must get the version labeled "OPPtimizer 0.2-beta1 for Motorola Droid 3 ***Experimenta Voltage Control Support***" in the downloads section.
Thank Tekahuna (maybe even donate =P) over at XDA (Tekahuna) or on twitter (@Tekahuna).

Enjoy!!

View attachment 45951View attachment 45952View attachment 45953View attachment 45954

Process for non-aosp roms (in safestrap) I suggest advanced users only when trying this, I wont be responsible for bricking your phone =P

Open a command promt
Go to target directory and open 'init.mapphone_cdma.rc' in a text editor (I use notepad++)
Add these lines "insmod /system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko" and "insmod /system/lib/modules/opptimizer.ko" save the .rc file
Reboot and your done. To test use terminal or cmd prompt and put in "echo 1122000000 1388000 > /proc/opptimizer"

Now you can set up script files for different frequencies that are stable and use those on boot (ONLY ONCE THEY ARE STABLE)

To set up a script with script manager:

Open Script Manager
Press menu key select "New" and then select "New script"
Name it whatever you feel necessary (I have mine named OC) and press "Ok"
Choose "SM Editor"
Now place the "
echo 1122000000 1388000 > /proc/opptimizer" line into the text area (obviously replace with the freq. and vsel. you want to boot at and minus the quotes) press menu and save
Click on the script you just created and press "Script/Executable"
Now select "SU" and "BOOT" (its the android with cross bones, and the gear to the right) and press save.
Should be good to go, now reboot your phone to test.

I also went into SM advanced setting and check marked 'Enable Wakelock' so it immediately runs the script. Before it would take a minute or so for it to run. ENJOY!

For reference on voltages check here: OPPtimizer Project - OMAP4 Overclocking [Kernel Modules][Official Thread] - RootzWiki

Went flawless for me, thanks again Hashcode for the procedure to load modules at boot!

Last edited:

matt12eagles

Reaction score
So how do you make the overclock start at boot? I'm not sure if the advance instructions are to get it to start at boot or just to relocate the script files to be executed. I got my overclock stable with 138800 vsel and a 1300000000 clock speed. It works great! I'm on the hash of codes ICS alpha 5 with a few tweaks of my own. Is the .rc file one that is automatically run at boot so I can put my script lines in there to be run ? I'm sorry Iwould just like to understand how the script is executed.

OP
Cdjones187

Cdjones187

Reaction score
So how do you make the overclock start at boot? Is the .rc file one that is automatically run at boot so I can put my script lines in there to be run ?

The advanced part is to load the kernel modules at boot which enable using the commands to overclock. I use script manager to "echo 1122000000 1388000 > /proc/opptimizer" on boot.

Open SM
press menu>new>new script
Name it whatever you feel necessary>press okay
choose 'SM Editor'
place the "
echo 1122000000 1388000 > /proc/opptimizer" line into the text area (obviously replace with the freq. and vsel. you want to boot at) press menu>save
now click on the script you just created there will be a popup saying "open as ..." press "Script/Executable"
Now click on "SU" and "BOOT" and press save.

Should be good to go after that.

For any more questions please post to the thread that is stickied.(top of the hacks section) This thread will not be updated and eventually fall off the first page.

Last edited:

Jason R

Reaction score
Anyone tried this yet?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
Cdjones187

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Yes it works, but has been updated since I posted. I no longer have Verizon service but will try to update this post shortly.

The new version is actually a Milestone overclock port and is flashable via CWM and can be found HERE

More information on the port can be obtained HERE along with full (updated) instructions.

Last edited:

TTBA

Reaction score
What's About battery life ?

If you decide to do this make sure the overclock you have set is stable before applying anything on boot! Otherwise you will end up in a bootloop and have to wipe your phone! It's not my problem if you mess up somewhere or if your phone melts. This is just a tutorial to help you through the process so read carefully.

Thank Tekahuna (maybe even donate =P) over at XDA (Tekahuna) or on twitter (@Tekahuna).

Enjoy!!

View attachment 45951View attachment 45952View attachment 45953View attachment 45954

Open a command promt

Open Script Manager
Press menu key select "New" and then select "New script"
Name it whatever you feel necessary (I have mine named OC) and press "Ok"
Choose "SM Editor"
Now place the "
echo 1122000000 1388000 > /proc/opptimizer" line into the text area (obviously replace with the freq. and vsel. you want to boot at and minus the quotes) press menu and save
Click on the script you just created and press "Script/Executable"
Now select "SU" and "BOOT" (its the android with cross bones, and the gear to the right) and press save.
Should be good to go, now reboot your phone to test.

I also went into SM advanced setting and check marked 'Enable Wakelock' so it immediately runs the script. Before it would take a minute or so for it to run. ENJOY!

Hi thx For All ur job , but i want to know . if we use this scrip for changing too 1.2 Mhz On Motorola Droid 3 , What about Battery life ? if we compared with 1 Mhz
thx

D1ck3y

Reaction score
Will this work on safe strap v3? And has their been any issues with this if your on an ics rom.(well it work with steel Droid 5.6 ics?)

Status
Not open for further replies.