[HACKS] Overclock Bionic/Droid3 [Instructions]

Cdjones187

Reaction score
I will post exactly what i did later after work yes. Instruction. When u truly set the perrmissions to w/r it sticks. Using root explorer or es file explorer those are temp not a full permission chang thats why it breaks n thats why it r/o on boot. Ill post everything later i didnt feel like explaining all of what i did

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Unless you put them in system/xbin it wont stick. I've already figured this out =P Permissions have nothing to do with the system being r/w. Unless your using bootup tweaks to make the system stick in r/w it will revert to r/o every time, thats how the system works.

GoTeamScotch

Reaction score
View attachment 44778
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/OriginalSleeK/DROIDoverclockingbenchmarks.png

+1 to this working! I've never had a faster phone. If I could contribute to the scene's kernel production I would, but sadly my programming skills are not that advanced yet. Overclocking the D1 was a hobby of mine for a long time. Finding the right combination of high and low clock speeds and voltages was an entertaining and useful project. I eagerly await D3 o/c kernels, if and when they arrive.
How close are we to seeing flash able, relatively stable custom kernels for the D3? Not looking to rush people, just curious how far modders have come. I know a while back custom roms were unthinkable, yet here I am running Steel Droid. Can anyone answer?

OverLordOfYou

Reaction score
OK so I got 1300 MHz and no adverse affects but need to run it as a tasker widget activation (don't want to flash it)
BC I'm planning on trying other frequencies so how do I make it run the following

$ su
# insmod /system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko
# insmod /system/lib/modules/opptimizer.ko
# echo 1300000000 > /proc/opptimizer

Never really used Tasker before so not sure his to do this.

homez3

Reaction score
Noob here, ran into some issues overclocking. I followed the instructions in the OP, and my phone keeps freezing up, or i get the BSOD, no matter how little i overclock it, even if i just set setpcu max/min at 1000 and don't overclock. After setting setpcu min back to 300, and rebooting a bunch of times it does clear itself up. It seems like it works for everyone else, anybody got any ideas?

Last edited:

OverLordOfYou

Reaction score
Which file did you download? Version 1 or version 2.0 with voltage control?

DROID Bionic ROOTED yeah son!!!
Overclocked Dual-Core @ 1350 MHz

homez3

Reaction score
I downloaded the zip file in the original post. I'm assuming that's version 1??

OverLordOfYou

Reaction score
Okay I got a solution to your problem. Goto this page

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/14511-op...4-overclocking-kernel-modulesofficial-thread/

Instructions are a lot easier and you don't have to really do anything except move some files. Then after you move the files all you have to do is go into terminal and then put the commands **which are already written out for you there ** which you can basically copy and paste into a script or most terminal emulators. When you go to the download page it'll give you different versions I would try version 1 because you'll always be able to be able to set different speeds without having to worry about the voltage. When you find 1 that you like and it seems to work with your phone there's actually zips that you can flash on to your phone and it will make it stick on reboot. Instructions are also on that forum.

homez3

Reaction score
Ok, i did version 1, and my setpcu is showing 1122mhz, am i supposed to set the min at 1122mhz also? I didn't see that in the forum. Thanks for all your help so far, I really appreciate it.

OverLordOfYou

Reaction score
The nice thing about this version is you can set your min back to 300 and your max of to whatever you want. Also you can change the speed by simply changing the number in the script so if you wanna try 1.3 just type in 1300000000 now your overclocked to 1.3 not just 1.1
Now if your phone freezes up or anything like that don't worry when it restarts it resets itself. Play with the speeds for a while and see which 1 works best for you and which 1 works best with stock voltage for your phone since every processors is slightly different. Once you figure out which 1 works best you can either write a script for it or if there's a flash zip just flash it like you would a ROM and your in business. If you read through the link that I gave you there will be additional zip file versions available once you get more advanced into it.

OverLordOfYou

Reaction score
Oh do not leave both min and Max at the highest level unless your wanting to run full throttle the whole time since it can burn out your processors especially if you leave it there over night

Last edited:

homez3

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, I finally got this working. I found out that my problem was with setcpu, it kept locking my screen up & giving me the bsod. I'm using cpuboost now, & its more stable. I tried 1300 & 1275mhz & got instant reboots, 1250 worked for a few minutes, 1225 seems to be my limit.

OverLordOfYou

Reaction score
No problem. I know how hard it can be to get an answer so I try to help when possible.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Anyone tried to OC using any of the custom ICS Roms? I haven't OC'd my stock rom and I am running Axi0m AOKP right now.