Outlook Exchange shared calendar not available on my droid x

MrDeac2U

Reaction score
I am a new droid x user. my company uses microsoft outlook for its calendar. We all share 1 common calendar and everyone has permission to see it and publish to it. The calendar is not mine And all I can see in my calendar is the blank 1 associated with my account because all events are populated on the common calendar. All permissions have been granted in the outlook Fields because we can see them on our pc's. Any idea how I can view it on my droid x outlook calendar? I am accessing through an exchange server.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
What client are you using? If it's the stock one I'm not surprised, IT SUCKS... Give the free trial of TouchDown a try, it supports multiple calendars I think it supports group calendars but I honestly don't know. Either way worth a shot (much better email features).

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
GoggleSync is for syncing gmail and exchange calendars but it requires a computer. While it's an option I think he want's something for his phone directly (i.e. if he uses this although he could edit an event on his phone on the google calendar it would NOT sync with the exchanger server until the application on the computer synced them, which is set at time intervals, not 'pushed'). I use it on my laptop but it's only a partial band-aid. And it will ONLY work with your default calendars on both gmail and exchange (so I don't think it will work with the group calendar).

Last edited:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is '2-way' but it is a service/app that runs on your computer (laptop/desktop). If it's not running on your computer it won't sync and it isn't 'push' you set a polling frequency for it to check (default is 120 min). And it's rather annoying with a secured Exchange server because it will prompt EVERY time for your password. I finally changed it to 12 hrs so it only syncs 2x a day, but then I use Exchange for 'my' calendar and just have it synced to my gmail so my fiance can see my schedule. As a reliable primary tool I would not recommend it (it does have bugs, particularly with repeated events).

Last edited:
OP
M

MrDeac2U

Reaction score
I guess I'm also pretty low-tech, as well. I'm not sure which client I'm using (I don't really know what that means). The company uses Microsoft Outlook, and our IT guy says we access it through exchange. I have a gmail account, because Droid X required it, but we don't use that and I don't think my company will move its calendar to google just because I have a droid. I did grant the Outlook calendar account holder (the one whose calendar we all share) access to publish and view my gmail calendar, and did the same on his gmail calendar for me. I pay our IT guys by the hour, though, so I'd rather them not spend any more time trying to figure this out, or trying to figure out how to duplicate all of our company events on my personal outlook calendar so that I can see them, than they have to.

Thanks for any help! Please ask more questions of me, if there are things that would help you answer my question. This can't be unique to my company...

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm also pretty low-tech, as well. I'm not sure which client I'm using (I don't really know what that means). The company uses Microsoft Outlook, and our IT guy says we access it through exchange. I have a gmail account, because Droid X required it, but we don't use that and I don't think my company will move its calendar to google just because I have a droid. I did grant the Outlook calendar account holder (the one whose calendar we all share) access to publish and view my gmail calendar, and did the same on his gmail calendar for me. I pay our IT guys by the hour, though, so I'd rather them not spend any more time trying to figure this out, or trying to figure out how to duplicate all of our company events on my personal outlook calendar so that I can see them, than they have to.

Thanks for any help! Please ask more questions of me, if there are things that would help you answer my question. This can't be unique to my company...

Easiest route is try d/l the TouchDown app in the market (free version) and let it setup your corporate account. Alternatively you can use the native 'corporate' email account (under the apps menu it says 'email' not 'gmail') but I haven't used it in a WHILE so I don't know if it supports calendars at all (sorry but I'm not going to set mine up to find out). It sounds like you are going to be using exchange quite a bit so I would HIGHLY recommend TouchDown as the default email app lacks a LOT of functionality of the servers that TouchDown restores (though not all). It also has some nice calendar widgets that will be good if you need the calendar. If it works that will let you do everything directly rather than having to mediate through multiple accounts/servers (goggle and exchange).

thansen

Reaction score
We have developed an App which enables Android users to open shared items (calendar, contacts and tasks) of other users. Also it is possible to create new items, if you have appropriate permissions on the shared users account.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Skyfillers.exchange

Please note that you need Android 2.3 (or higher) and Exchange 2007 SP2 (or higher).

Feel free to contact us with feedback and/or questions.

Best regards
Torben

bluelader07

Reaction score
Teamsite Calendar Sync

New app available that will sync with your Exchange Web Services. Check out Teamsite Calendar Sync.
2 way sync, all android calendar fields implemented including attendees, reminders, and recurrence.