Ouch!! Android gets slammed.

actrack03

Reaction score
If you think people aren't connected emotionally to their droids, why don't you look at the unfortunate person who dropped theirs trying to fight back the tears as they look it over with a fine tooth comb to make sure there are no scratches or the even more concerning cracked screen.

I find that people who bash this phone as much as this person is because for some reason or another they cannot get a Droid or N1 so its more of a rant caused by jealousy.

phreek

Reaction score
He has a point that a lot of the apps are crap on the market and the lack of standardization is causing some problems. But the guy does seem to be quite the iWhore...

cchhiipp

Reaction score
What kind of objective review includes the comment that the Droid has no "emotion" behind it?

I dunno what kind, but I bet there's a crApp for that.

mitchb2

Reaction score
Droid marketing is terrible. Look at iPhone (and Apple ads in general) and they are about people being happy with their Apple toys, and happy about all the cool things they can do. And the ads have great music that help you to connect with the product.

Droid ads are all militaristic and depressing.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
If you think people aren't connected emotionally to their droids, why don't you look at the unfortunate person who dropped theirs trying to fight back the tears as they look it over with a fine tooth comb to make sure there are no scratches or the even more concerning cracked screen.

Sidekicks, Blackberries, iPhone, Droid, take your pick, any phone Ive had that I dropped I looked it over for scratches/damage. I wouldnt use that analogy as an argument. Its more about someone worried about the monetary investment they made in that device, not specifically the Droid.

kylo77

Reaction score
There isn't much critiquing going on here...more like bashing. Opinions are like a!!holes...everyone has one. :icon_ devil:

armeddroid

Reaction score
lol
i read this review. Its kinda of contradicting. On the first review, he gives it a fair opinion about the DROID and the NEXUS and then attached to the review is his 'personal rant'
I think he should have set that part to the side. Even though it is BGR's blog,(since BGR is the one who wrote it) and he has every right to rant and vent. But cmon. There is ALOT of DROID users that read his site.
So...i think he will get more traffic now.
For the haters and lovers.
hahaha sometimes there is a benefit to bash it but on the level he was on? idk.... and how he dropped the 'F' bomb..haha geez.
Funny thing is, my bro..is good friends with BGR.
ehhh...

LordKastle

Reaction score
He makes some points but also demonstrates them through contradictory behavior...

The bottom line is this..
There are Apple Fanboys and Google Sheep. Whenever Google or Apple puts a label on something it becomes better. Google could spit on your food and you would say that the "secret ingredient is delicious." [I am not targeting anyone in particular] Apple is no different.

I prefer to actually understand the device first before blindly following sheep tendencies. I do not support Google Phones that stem from the heart of Google Inc...so I will be refraining from any Nexus device. Maybe that will change when Microsoft one day releases their own hardware designed product or maybe it won't.

I'd consider an Apple iPhone if it was more of a mini smartphone/computer than it already is. The iPhone is a phone with app symbols in front of you with the ability to download from an app store...convenient? yes...But lacks the customization of any Windows Mobile/Android mini computer.

kennyg23

Reaction score
I don't care what other people say. I buy what i think will be the best phone for me. I don't let other people make my decisions for me or spend my money.

actrack03

Reaction score
Instead of typing this response I hit the microphone button on my keyboard and spoke this response. Can his iPhone do that? (Had to change eye phone to iPhone)

dogwolf

Reaction score
I'm blown away by this phone.

I can talk to my Droid, and it immediately gives me what I want. That, plus the screen, plus the maps and nav, plus...well users know I could go on. While clearly borrowing and evolving things from the iPhone, the Droid is an amazing leap forward. My friends (even iPhone owners) are convinced.

The reviewer is like a disciple arguing why all religions, except the one he was born into, are the wrong ones..a tool. Why are we wasting our time with this clown. Why am I?

Sorry.

kennyg23

Reaction score
The reviewer is like a disciple arguing why all religions, except the one he was born into, are the wrong ones..a tool. Why are we wasting our time with this clown. Why am I?

Sorry.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm sick of everyone trying to push religion on us. All we ever hear about is god and jesus over hear, and that every other religion is wrong that doesn't believe in them. Sorry about my little rant but I just had to say it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
BGR needs a hug :r_c: Someone wasn't loved as a child :icon_ devil:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
He makes some points but also demonstrates them through contradictory behavior...

The bottom line is this..
There are Apple Fanboys and Google Sheep. Whenever Google or Apple puts a label on something it becomes better. Google could spit on your food and you would say that the "secret ingredient is delicious." [I am not targeting anyone in particular] Apple is no different.

I prefer to actually understand the device first before blindly following sheep tendencies. I do not support Google Phones that stem from the heart of Google Inc...so I will be refraining from any Nexus device. Maybe that will change when Microsoft one day releases their own hardware designed product or maybe it won't.

I'd consider an Apple iPhone if it was more of a mini smartphone/computer than it already is. The iPhone is a phone with app symbols in front of you with the ability to download from an app store...convenient? yes...But lacks the customization of any Windows Mobile/Android mini computer.

One of the bests posts I've seen on this site yet. You're absolutely correct (in all accounts). Anyone that follows a product/company mindlessly is just ignorant. There is no device (or anything else for that matter) that 'perfect for everyone.' Life's about choice(s). Think for yourself and enjoy.

How emotionally deprived or deficient is BGR (or anyone else) that he needs "emotional attachment" to his phone.... really... I buy a phone, or any piece of technology to perform a specific function not to make me feel 'warm and fuzzy' or whatever feeling he gets when he covets his precious phone. That's just, odd (or creepy, not sure which is more appropriate).

Side note: I would love to see if BGR "would die for [his] iPhone". But maybe that's just that sadist in me.:icon_ devil:

zakany

Reaction score
That's the first thing I got out of that piece: Boy Genius personifies his telephone. His second sentence, "...practically no human emotion with Google when it comes to technology..." is odd, but telling.

Some people prefer a scripted "experience" when it comes to using a device. Others prefer to use something they control. That's fine. That's okay. There's nothing wrong with being in the first group, nor am I wrong for falling in the latter.