Ouch!! Android gets slammed.

kennyg23

Reaction score
That's the best description of an IPhone I've ever heard - same as having an @aol address. So perfect.

I use both a BB (for work) and a Droid. I have an ipod touch that I stopped using because of my Droid. Is Android not as polished as the Iphone or BB, absolutely! and that's exactly why I love my Droid.

It's not the crisp clean experience. Things will go wrong sometimes, but if you are into technology (I mean a hard core geek, not just some lame blogger who writes about it), you should be absolutely embarrassed to run anything but Android. With devices like Droid and N1, taking out a iphone is the equivalent of having an @aol.com email address..

Uggh. I still have an @aol.com email address on top of my gmail and school accounts. Mosty use it for spam emails though

joshua117

Reaction score
:rofl3:

....really?!? this is the most bias not to mention pointless review i have ever had the misfortune to read. it's not human enough? this coming from a fanboy of a phone that offers no customization abilities what so ever. bg needs to get over himself and his phone, i mean i bash the iphone as much as the next guy but this is pathetic. He sleeps with his phone...ok, why do i envision a court room setting a few years from now ....ok bg where did the iphone touch you? show me on the doll. (iphone probably already has an app for that)

bg is an idiot, and the weakest link good bye.

pmc2025

Reaction score

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Well what surprised me the other day was one of google's chef engineers was being interviewed about their new N1 and where it was going, and they asked him he if owned an iphone and he answered yes i do!!!!!!

I didn't need to hear that:icon_eek:

Erich_F

Reaction score
That's the best description of an IPhone I've ever heard - same as having an @aol address. So perfect.

HAH, I'm gonna pull this line next time I see one of my iPhone buds...

"Hey, I see you still have your iDont...so what is your AOL username, anyways?"

:icon_evil::icon_evil:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol can't say I read all of it, it just ooozes of smarm and I hate smarm. His opinion of a "human" experience is funny. The way I see it it's much like the Matrix. It's all fine and dandy on the surface but the fact still remains your only being used as a source of energy, you're just being harvested. Talk about defending oppression.

It's interesting to see how people defend functionality with superficiality. As much as I enjoy apple products (can't help it mac is just right for me, linux is a close second lol) iPhone IMO has become highly over-rated. I hate it because the innovation the iPhone brought with it's new thinking (app store and to some extent the OS) it has just become a mindless popularity contest.

briand515

Reaction score
I kinda have the opposite view of this guy. I feel more connected with my Droid than I ever did with the iPhone. I mean how could you feel connected to an iPhone when everyone of them is basically exactly the same. There's hardly any customization because Apple knows what's right for you. With iPhone you feel like a drone being controlled by Steve Jobs. Now Android has plenty of weaknesses compared to iPhone (especially the media player) but also know that the iPhone has plenty of weaknesses compared to Android (notifications, customization). I had an iPhone since it came out pretty much. The iPhone is a great device but Apple really rubs me the wrong way.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
what part of that was a review?

sounded like a fanboy just bashing on the latest phone.

I dunno about you guys, but I love this phone. It's customized to my liking and if I put it next to someone else's android device it will look different. So yes, there is a connection to Android from user to phone.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I kinda have the opposite view of this guy. I feel more connected with my Droid than I ever did with the iPhone. I mean how could you feel connected to an iPhone when everyone of them is basically exactly the same. There's hardly any customization because Apple knows what's right for you. With iPhone you feel like a drone being controlled by Steve Jobs. Now Android has plenty of weaknesses compared to iPhone (especially the media player) but also know that the iPhone has plenty of weaknesses compared to Android (notifications, customization). I had an iPhone since it came out pretty much. The iPhone is a great device but Apple really rubs me the wrong way.

I do agree with some of your points. I hate how this whole iPhone vs blah blah comparison is getting out of hand and it's mostly due to hype built from gadget websites like BGR. I think a lot of people are forgetting that the iPhone is marketed as a media phone, android devices I feel are marketed more for it's functionality and integration to Google's cloud services (e-mail gps, etc...). To compare the two IMO isn't completely fair since most of the praises people give the iPhone is for it's media capabilities and sometimes the "Flashy-ness" of it overshadows the seamless and functional aspect of Android.

I've never own an iPhone but I do have an iPod Touch, before I got my Droid trying to get my iPod to sync with Google apps (i'm a heavy google user) was a pain and I wished sooo hard they would implement a better syncing interace between google and apple's software (address book, ical, etc...) But with my Droid I didn't have to do anything really, I just signed in and all my info was on my phone (contacts, facebook, gmail, and calendar)

So all this stuff I read about having a phone that will "knock the iPhone from the top" is kinda unfair to me since I see it as comparing a Blood orange to a Naval Orange. Same Family just different flavors, some things taste better with Naval Oranges and some taste better with Blood Oranges.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
The "article" was a bit critical and biased for sure, but not without some valid points:

1) the marketplace is a mess. That has to be cleaned up and IMO fast.

2) there is no uniformity with the Android OS. What is there like 3 different versions across several models? And some models of phone wont be able to run the newest ones in the future because of hardware limitations?

I think the whole "feeling and emotion" angle is ridiculous. Its a piece of electronics, get a grip dude. And might I say some of you need to get a grip too. Who cares if everyone and their brother have an iPhone? I dont think anyone carries an iPhone "just to look cool." Its a very nice phone and has set the bar what a smart/touch phone should be. Thats why every touchscreen device to come out is looking to compete for the iPhone market. How will you feel if the Droid sells millions and everyone you see has one? Will you get rid of yours then because its so prevalent?