Ouch!! Android gets slammed.

Droidlicous

Reaction score
I have not yet read the article and don't plan on it. But I did have a blast reading how everyone on here bashed on this article. I stand behind anyone that is not bias on one carrier and has a good product to stand on. Once again thanks for all the laughs, made my day so much better.... Kudos!

Echo3

Reaction score
Wow that was one of the most emo post I've ever read. He wants human emotion from a phone? Dying for a phone? Sleeping with a phone?

He got rejected by an android phone. Give him a break he needs a hug from a phone that will love him.

Lmao! that one may my day bro. But honestly

One: The Androids DO support Multi-touch my internet brower does it and does it quite well. SO its not Hardware its Software.

Two:The Android phone is less human than the iphones?! You have to Jailbreak the sun of a B*** just to change the home background!!

Three: My droid is my baby but dont get me wrong im not homo about it b. I'm not gonna jump in frount of a bullet to save my phone.. Since you would be saved by your phone and your still breathing. Go to verizon and swap that b***!

That kinda pissed me off lmao. The hair on my back stood up stiffer than the d*** in his mouth.. I feel good again =)

Well you can take the bullet to save your phone...you have Corpsman on deck to patch you up and YET, your Droid still intact. WIN!

But then again there should be no reason why you should take a bullet in the hull of the ship, unless there's some kind of mutiny.

Last edited:

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Hmmm... I smell stanky ATT cash in that guys pocket... Who cares what Boy Genius says. I have the best device on the market now in my hand so he can shove it, haha.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Reaction score
Lookes up ^^ My man! S***, I'd drink to that until Chief kicks my ass. I just dont like soft punks like the dude who bashed Android like that..He Disrespected The Android phones and worse off us/me.... and MM1 don't play that s***.

Shel

Reaction score
With devices like Droid and N1, taking out a iphone is the equivalent of having an @aol.com email address..

Thanks! You made me crack up!

I just posted about how my son (11) and I saw a small girl, probably 7 or 8, with her iPhone, and her mother with HER iPhone!

Come on... when 7 year olds start carrying around iPhones all over town, I think it's lost it's cachet!

Reaction score
Interesting this piece comes on the heels of that other article about the Droid Army (people being overly sensitive about the author knocking the Android device)

That article made it's way around the internet. The Android phenomena is taking a stronghold in the cellular market and this is nothing more than a piece to draw attention and traffic to BGR. Pretty smart and very tactical.

752 comments and climbing (when I began writing this post it was at 730. )

They are getting what they want : )

Not all attention is good attention. They just pissed off anyone who enjoys android, and they are defending the platform. I highly doubt any android fans that signed up to post will ever visit the site again after this, and android lurkers (me) certainly wont be going back.

Amazing post. A++++++ would read again! fast shipping

lol that's funny stuff :)

Echo3

Reaction score
With devices like Droid and N1, taking out a iphone is the equivalent of having an @aol.com email address..

Thanks! You made me crack up!

I just posted about how my son (11) and I saw a small girl, probably 7 or 8, with her iPhone, and her mother with HER iPhone!

Come on... when 7 year olds start carrying around iPhones all over town, I think it's lost it's cachet!

I see that a lot. Few months back when I was out having dinner with my friends...saw a group of kids (about 9-10) walking with their parents and they were holding smartphones. Saw some iPhones and Blackberry's. As they were walking by, I overhead one of them say "look, i can even do this" as he was showing his friend something, fumbling with the keyboard on his blackberry as the other kid was fussing with his iPhone. They were all synchronized typing away on their phones.

It was hilarious yet sad at the same time.

Reaction score
I see that a lot. Few months back when I was out having dinner with my friends...saw a group of kids (about 9-10) walking with their parents and they were holding smartphones. Saw some iPhones and Blackberry's. As they were walking by, I overhead one of them say "look, i can even do this" as he was showing his friend something, fumbling with the keyboard on his blackberry as the other kid was fussing with his iPhone. They were all synchronized typing away on their phones.

It was hilarious yet sad at the same time.

While parents these days lack discretion in certain cases (just as they have in the past), who here wouldn't have wanted a smartphone when they were a kid? I'm only 22, and I would have LOVED growing up with a smartphone, instead my phone is more powerful than the first computer I had. 133mhz pentium and 28.8kbps modem, HA. :icon_ banana:

JamesX

Reaction score
<-- first computer 23 mhz, and it was THE top of the line at the time XD

nerdkill

Reaction score
weird... i have an iphone 3g and a droid. i use my droid 99 percent of the time. i basically see my droid as a jailbroken iphone and heart it very much. if you've never had to jail break an iphone and deal with updates and restores and hours and days of being frustrated and getting everything to work to only remember that the reason you spend so much time hacking your phone is to forget what you just remembered... you have no service.

RobotiX

Reaction score
This is an attempt to get hits on his website...nothing more than that.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those Luke Wilson commercials are the dumbest I've ever seen. If they are trying to make a point they are making people laugh at how stupid they are.

They are trying to make a point about the ability to browse while you talk... thats kind a hard to do without putting the phone down anyway.

I had the blackberry for years where you could do that and I think I never had the need to go to the internet while on the phone.

I wonder how much apple or att payed him for that crappy review?

We'll find out if we see fat guy Luke Wilson making those strained points in his next commercial.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Meh. It's an editorial piece. If your preferences are in line with his then you'll find some value to it. If not, then it's pretty pointless. As always with the internet, consider your source.

What I don't get is why people are so narcissistic that they think the entire world agrees with their own opinions. No device out there is perfect. Every choice has its pros and cons. It's all a matter of finding what fits you best. There's clearly no one device that does it all for everyone. Having choices and competition benefits everyone.

bass_lover1

Reaction score
You know, for someone that claims to have use an iPhone since day one, he's awfully quick to forget its own growing pains.

My first gen iPhone, purchased running 1.1.4. No app store, period. Jailbroken of course would add that, but back then it was a 1-2 hour ordeal to set it up correctly. A non jailbroken first gen meant you were stuck with the basic apps, email, text (no MMS) and Safari, and google maps. Safari crashed all the time, GM was painful to use if you weren't on WiFi, even if you were with no GPS chip, it took up to 15 minutes to get a rough estimate of your location.

I think people forget that it took 2+ years for the iPhone to develop into what it is today, while polished it may be, it was a painful 2+ years for my self.

I expect the same happen with Android, being only over a year old, it's unfair to compare to two tit for tat, because the iPhone OS has a full extra year of usage under its belt.

A more fair comparison would be comparing Android 2.0 to iPhone 2.0, and at that point I'd say that Android was a much better OS after the one(ish) year mark.