Ouch!! Android gets slammed.

Bucknell2013

Reaction score
First, there are some valid points in here; points that I would have loved to have seen presented in a more objective way. Second, this is an "opinion" piece, but that doesn't mean that the author had to be THIS subjective. This article was centered around the user-experience, specifically the "human" part of Android v. Apple's OS X mobile--but what is more "human" is extremely subjective. Having used most major platforms, I prefer Android and have a connection to it that is superior than my connections were to my previous iPhone 3GS and Blackberry tour AND storm.

I read the entire article.
And thought the same thought I have found myself returning to lately...

"Is it me, or does it seem like people have started to focus their attention on and complain about very small details?"

" You can take your non-multi-touch device and shove it — it’s inexcusable."--BGR

Either this guy
(A) Has no life beyond BGR and is incredibly wrapped up in a cellular device to the point where he is saying to shove a device up your ass.

Or

(B) He is unable to truly consider that his opinions are not shared by everyone.

Regardless, this article took the tone of someone who feels as if they have been wronged and I found it to be very whiney. Sure, it's a "personal thoughts" article, but this sounded like some immature 14 year-old angry because his milk spilled on the ground.

Just because you personally think something does not mean it is a society-based fact. And he constantly refers to the iPhone environment as being beautiful and "human." Well, that is a HUGE matter of opinion.

Just because you post on Boy Genius Report doesn't mean you are all that important. This is just some guy whining. Nonetheless, I hope Google does continue to grow this platform and support the devices that are coming out. As a mac user, I love apple because my computer is literally growing with me. If our Droid's are still getting updates this time of next year, I will have a huge amount of confidence in Android and will look to stay with Android for my mobile experience--Like I will stay with Apple for my power-computing/music-making/college experience.

-Michael

Last edited:

mjs31

Reaction score
He said that about non multi touch device? I have not read it because BGR is an annoying whiner that feels the need to defend his use of the Iphone every chance he gets. However, the Droid is a multi touch device. It is just not completely implemented yet, but very capable. To me, this just sounds like a person that will slam anything they can to make themselves believe they made the correct decision. All it does is show that he is a biased jack ass and really knocks his site.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
tried to read this article but the guy started *****ing about emotions?

I don't know what this guy is on, but making me read that whole article would be torture.

Not even worth my time registering to post a comment on his site.

Bucknell2013

Reaction score
I wanted to post a comment that was just left on BGR by a user by the name of RockTripod--Awesome comment...Page 16 of the comments, if you are wondering

It looks like Big Gay Robot forgot he is running a supposed news blog. Way to keep up the impartiality. Frankly, you have a few, a FEW, valid points regarding fragmentation, but your bias shines through. I can’t believe you actually wrote that you are sorry to keep bringing the iPhone up. Bull****, its all you wanted to talk about. We get it, you love Apple. Your ideal night is spent taking it up the pooper from Steve Jobs. You’d give him all of your organs to replace whatever of his are failing at the moment. What-the-****-ever. I don’t even hate the iPhone, I just hate fanboyism. Oh, and you. You are hands-down the worst blogger on the web. Most of your anti-Android argument is subjective, and really just your opinion put out there as objective fact. I cannot comprehend why you would think putting an article on your site blasting an OS that a large portion of your readers swear by is a good idea. How dumb are you BG? You are just a choad on a podium, and I think it might have gotten to your head.
Is Android fragmented? Yup. That’s what happens when your software is available for more than one device. You actually talk about features that are lacking in Android, but if the iPhone lacks it, you think its ok because it will be fixed in an update. Moron! How much of a dork do you have to be to talk about an emotional attachment to a phone? Its a ****ing phone!!! If your whole life is in it, I feel sorry for you.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personally I used to think multitouch was a must have on a phone. However after using the Droid I find it's grossly over-rated. At least for now. I expect us to get it fully but until there are games that need it I don't miss it

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
tried to read this article but the guy started *****ing about emotions?

I don't know what this guy is on, but making me read that whole article would be torture.

Not even worth my time registering to post a comment on his site.
Exactly... plus every registered user on his site just gives him more fuel to argue validity because of a user base. Better to bash him here.... :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Interesting this piece comes on the heels of that other article about the Droid Army (people being overly sensitive about the author knocking the Android device)

That article made it's way around the internet. The Android phenomena is taking a stronghold in the cellular market and this is nothing more than a piece to draw attention and traffic to BGR. Pretty smart and very tactical.

752 comments and climbing (when I began writing this post it was at 730. )

They are getting what they want : )

Bucknell2013

Reaction score
I have to agree with SSHGuru. I really don't care about multi-touch. If it comes within the OS in a future update, great. If not? Well, alright then.

djstarion

Reaction score
I wanted to post a comment that was just left on BGR by a user by the name of RockTripod--Awesome comment...Page 16 of the comments, if you are wondering

It looks like Big Gay Robot forgot he is running a supposed news blog. Way to keep up the impartiality. Frankly, you have a few, a FEW, valid points regarding fragmentation, but your bias shines through. I can’t believe you actually wrote that you are sorry to keep bringing the iPhone up. Bull****, its all you wanted to talk about. We get it, you love Apple. Your ideal night is spent taking it up the pooper from Steve Jobs. You’d give him all of your organs to replace whatever of his are failing at the moment. What-the-****-ever. I don’t even hate the iPhone, I just hate fanboyism. Oh, and you. You are hands-down the worst blogger on the web. Most of your anti-Android argument is subjective, and really just your opinion put out there as objective fact. I cannot comprehend why you would think putting an article on your site blasting an OS that a large portion of your readers swear by is a good idea. How dumb are you BG? You are just a choad on a podium, and I think it might have gotten to your head.
Is Android fragmented? Yup. That’s what happens when your software is available for more than one device. You actually talk about features that are lacking in Android, but if the iPhone lacks it, you think its ok because it will be fixed in an update. Moron! How much of a dork do you have to be to talk about an emotional attachment to a phone? Its a ****ing phone!!! If your whole life is in it, I feel sorry for you.
Amazing post. A++++++ would read again! fast shipping

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
I have to agree with SSHGuru. I really don't care about multi-touch. If it comes within the OS in a future update, great. If not? Well, alright then.

I tried the custom ROM with multi-touch. What I noticed is if you want to zoom in the maximum amount of zoom, or very large, its better to use multi-touch.

But when the double-tap zoom enlarges it enough to see what you want, its easier and faster than multi-touch.

In other words, double tap is faster, but multi-touch is more accurate.

I really hate using the +/- buttons for zooming (which you are forced to use if the double-tap doesn't zoom the amount you want).

But overall, I agree its not major. I would be happy if its added...but I have a rooted droid phone and I have multi-touch added...so I really don't care if its officially released or not anymore.

Reaction score
Wow that was one of the most emo post I've ever read. He wants human emotion from a phone? Dying for a phone? Sleeping with a phone?

He got rejected by an android phone. Give him a break he needs a hug from a phone that will love him.

Lmao! that one may my day bro. But honestly

One: The Androids DO support Multi-touch my internet brower does it and does it quite well. SO its not Hardware its Software.

Two:The Android phone is less human than the iphones?! You have to Jailbreak the sun of a B*** just to change the home background!!

Three: My droid is my baby but dont get me wrong im not homo about it b. I'm not gonna jump in frount of a bullet to save my phone.. Since you would be saved by your phone and your still breathing. Go to verizon and swap that b***!

That kinda pissed me off lmao. The hair on my back stood up stiffer than the d*** in his mouth.. I feel good again =)

roflcopters

Reaction score
Obvious troll is obvious. Damn, articles like that really make me angry. There is NO point to bash anything like that.