Ouch!! Android gets slammed.

Mayze

Reaction score
Wow that was one of the most emo post I've ever read. He wants human emotion from a phone? Dying for a phone? Sleeping with a phone?

He got rejected by an android phone. Give him a break he needs a hug from a phone that will love him.

bL33d

Reaction score
People would die for their iPhones
I stopped reading here, guy sounds like a moron.

I dropped my iphone in a weeks time after i touched a droid at a verizon store. Att coverage sux had them for 10 yrs and apple dont let u do anything to the iphone only what they will let u do.

Ofcourse mine was jailbroken so it was pretty decent phone but thats after i made it rain b4 that it was pretty boring. and i had edge 95% of the time.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Strange as it sounds there are people to whom their possessions identify them. IPhone. = cool, hip. Blackbe. rry = business, tech savy. But the person that wrote the review sounds like they're looking and hoping to get a free phone from Apple.

Reaction score
I stopped reading and started skimming once he said "No one gives a crap about their Android phone, there’s zero emotional attachment."

What the hell does that even mean? I love my android phone, is love not an emotion? This guy sounds like a complete tool, and iphone apologist. "Oh ya, it has better features? Well the next iphone might have better so MEH *sticks out tongue*." Just sounds like something he might say.

RosarioM

Reaction score
I use both a BB (for work) and a Droid. I have an ipod touch that I stopped using because of my Droid. Is Android not as polished as the Iphone or BB, absolutely! and that's exactly why I love my Droid.

It's not the crisp clean experience. Things will go wrong sometimes, but if you are into technology (I mean a hard core geek, not just some lame blogger who writes about it), you should be absolutely embarrassed to run anything but Android. With devices like Droid and N1, taking out a iphone is the equivalent of having an @aol.com email address..

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I never pay attention to movie critics, either. I can decide what is best for me.

RosarioM

Reaction score
I stopped reading and started skimming once he said "No one gives a crap about their Android phone, there’s zero emotional attachment."

What the hell does that even mean? I love my android phone, is love not an emotion? This guy sounds like a complete tool, and iphone apologist. "Oh ya, it has better features? Well the next iphone might have better so MEH *sticks out tongue*." Just sounds like something he might say.

I agree. I just checked and there are 899 people viewing the general Droid threads right now, Saturday night. I guess these people have no emotional connection to their phones... they must all be complaining about how much they hate their Droids and want an iphone...

I'm done with BGR.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's the best description of an IPhone I've ever heard - same as having an @aol address. So perfect.

I use both a BB (for work) and a Droid. I have an ipod touch that I stopped using because of my Droid. Is Android not as polished as the Iphone or BB, absolutely! and that's exactly why I love my Droid.

It's not the crisp clean experience. Things will go wrong sometimes, but if you are into technology (I mean a hard core geek, not just some lame blogger who writes about it), you should be absolutely embarrassed to run anything but Android. With devices like Droid and N1, taking out a iphone is the equivalent of having an @aol.com email address..

koralyne

Reaction score
I agree. I just checked and there are 899 people viewing the general Droid threads right now, Saturday night.

lol, nice catch.

might i say, im in love with my droid, and its still in the box, behind the counter, at the VZW store :heart:

cb2000a

Reaction score

OUCH! Yeah we are just getting underway with Android. Think of yourselves as pioneers.

Echo3

Reaction score
Spring season is almost here so that means Apple will have a new iPhone out by then (May-July?), so this guy is in desperate need to get a free demo unit from them. He's gotta blow sunshine up Apple's ass to get one, doesn't he?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This article made me think of something I realized last night.... Went to Fenway for the BC vs. BU game and went out to the bars after. I literally lost count of the number of people walking through crowded a$$ bars with their iPhone in their hand on display. "Look at me!" On occasion I saw other people walking with their phone out but 99% of people on the phone stop walking and hang in one spot!
Kind-of a rant.... but it felt good :) And BGR's article started it anyway...... :icon_ devil:

heavyMGS

Reaction score
Yeah, I was kinda taken aback by how much Android bashing went on in that article. I was hoping somebody would post that article here to see other peoples thoughts on it.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
You gotta realize that all of the gizmodo's and engadgets out there have been making a living off of Apple for years. They will continue to suck on the teat until it has no more milk and then move on.