Otterbox and extended battery

zero7404

Reaction score
i decided ultimately on the silicrylic. the shell is thin enough that popping the ext. batt in wont cause fitment problems and i always hated otterbox's smooth finish, slippery.

wen i get my ext batt ill test it out. there is a little play in the back where the battery door is, i can compress the shell a little, so hopefully the new batt and cover should go on ok. plus the silicrylic is 1/2 the price of the otterbox.

posted via android ....

edit:
i bought the extended battery and installed it along with the cover and put the case on. the shell goes back onto the silicone jacket ok, but on the left and right sides the shell doesn't fully seal up with the silicone, it leaves a small gap on each side .... i decided to store the battery and just run with the stock battery. don't want to use the extended battery without the door.
maybe someday there will be a case made that accommodates the oem extended battery

Last edited:

zero7404

Reaction score
been poking around about this situation .... there are 2 cases that are stated to work, Seidio's Surface extended (has a metal kickstand) .... and the Speck Pixelskin HD.

zero7404

Reaction score
i just got the pixelskin hd for the g-nex and its perfect .... fits with the ext batt perfect, also doesnt collect lint compared with silicone rubber ....

it is a bit more slippery than the silicrylic but still more grippy than the commuter.

worth the 30$ imo

posted via android ....

thrgk

Reaction score
Now will the defender and other cases you mention work with only 2100mah battery or also the 3900mah?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Now will the defender and other cases you mention work with only 2100mah battery or also the 3900mah?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well that battery is twice as thick as the phone itself. Take a wild guess! :p

thrgk

Reaction score
ah, what type of case do you currently use for yours? Also, i am going to sell my razr maxx, original accessories and otterbox case, is $450 a good price? want to buy a nexus on ebay