Otterbox Defender, Extended Battery, and Galaxy Nexus...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure if any of you remember the dremel I took to the back of my Otterbox to make the extended battery fit on my Droid Bionic, well I was almost positive I would have to do the same to the one for the Nexus - Stopped in VZW today and asked for the extended battery and the otterbox only to have the salesman tell me they're not compatible, of course I bought them anyways, got in the car and to my surprise the two fit with absolutely no modifications

...a match made in Nexus heaven :nerd:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

[h=1]OtterBox Defender Series® Rugged Case - Black[/h]
Read Reviews (0) | Write a Review | Back to Previous

sam_galaxy_nexus_otterbox_defender_cov.png

Your Price:$49.99
Free Shipping

[h=2]Device Compatibility[/h]
sam_galaxy_nexus.png

Galaxy Nexus by Samsung Change Device | Clear

Compatible with your device

• DETAILS
  • COMPATIBLE DEVICES
  • CUSTOMER REVIEWS (0)

An innovative three layer design provides protection from bumps, scratches, drops and dust. Sync and charge your device while in the case. Includes a holster style ratcheting belt clip.

shanimal92

Reaction score
i wish they had the commutor on VZ website. they also need to put the tech specs on both the defender and the commutor on the otterbox website so i can see how thick they are

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i wish they had the commutor on VZ website. they also need to put the tech specs on both the defender and the commutor on the otterbox website so i can see how thick they are

The Otterbox website is helpful in this regard. If you don't see the answer to your question, post one and they'll e-mail you a response within a day or two. (I speak from experience- a customer service rep just e-mailed me a day or two after I asked a question last week).

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Yep, my DX with extended battery fits fine... I figured it would be the same on this, thanks for the confirmation!
Btw ... Is the Otterbox holster now vertical? That will take some getting used to...

This wants to be sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
Yep, my DX with extended battery fits fine... I figured it would be the same on this, thanks for the confirmation!
Btw ... Is the Otterbox holster now vertical? That will take some getting used to...

This wants to be sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Lucky! My Droid x never fit completely into my defender with the extended battery. I think maybe because i had a preorder for the case for about a month before it actually came out, and i think they tweaked the design after the first few batches. I'm glad to hear that this case fits well with the extended battery right ash the bat, and my little girl it's happy, too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I already had a Skinomi screen protector on my Nexus and the built in screen on the Otterbox didn't seem as smooth as it did on my Bionic (kinda interfered with the notification panel IMO) I pulled it off and cleaned the glue gunk with some Goo Gone 1,000X better :)