OTA Updates keep breaking my phone

Lye

Reaction score
How can I disable these updates? They download restart my phone and then it boots into an error page with a warning sign, then every time I restart the phone by pulling the battery it goes to the broken screen. I have to factory reset it to fix it, but then within a day or two it does it again. Help!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to contact Verizon. That is not a common problem. There is prolly something wrong with your phones internal storage, etc or you keep getting corrupted OTA's.

OP
L

Lye

Reaction score
I contacted verizon they said they have nothing to do with ota updates, and there is nothing i can do.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
You might need to call HTC then. The device should still be under manufacturers warranty. Vzw should have ran some hardware tests at least

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
That sounds like a load of crap from verizon, i would speak to someone else. No matter what, if your phone isnt functioning properly, and is still under warranty, then they have to help you fix it or replace it. You will more than likely have to go through the factory reset crap first, but they should help you fix it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums