OTA update & root

AcridGosling

Reaction score
I am currently on Android 4.1.1 rooted stock and I am getting the "update available" message every minute or so. Very annoying. If I use ota root keeper, is it safe to update using temporary unroot method?

OP
AcridGosling

AcridGosling

Reaction score
update: hit wrong button during text message, installed ota update. phone bricked. attempting to flash back to stock now, will post results.

OP
AcridGosling

AcridGosling

Reaction score
well, it flashes back to 4.1.1 no problem, unfortunately my last nand backup was in january........crap.

OP
AcridGosling

AcridGosling

Reaction score
Final Update: OTA rootkeeper worked fine, just make sure you select the temporary unroot before you update. I am now on rooted 4.2.2.

OP
AcridGosling

AcridGosling

Reaction score
Still lost everything after January. And now, with 4.2.2 there seems to be a usb tethering restriction built in now, I have a post regarding that too.

sr.torres22

Reaction score
Used root keeper and said it was rooted. Now, when I checked to see if I had root. I no longer have a rooted phone. Does anyone know if Wugs works with 4.2.2?

OP
AcridGosling

AcridGosling

Reaction score
Ota root keeper worked great for me, did you reopen and reapply root?

sr.torres22

Reaction score
Ota root keeper worked great for me, did you reopen and reapply root?

Yes, made a back up before the update. Opened root keeper and installed back up. Verified with root checker and it worked. Now, I tried the WiFi app which requires root and it wasn't working. Decided to check root and it says my phone is not rooted. Idk how that would happen. -_-

OP
AcridGosling

AcridGosling

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmm, I would backup all your files, onto computer, and try it. Worst case scenario, use wugfresh toolkit, and flash back to 4.1.1, root, run root keeper, and update again.