OTA UPDATE DROID 4 AUGUST 18th

I still yet to see batt improvement. Did you guys factory reset? I think i'm on my 2nd day, and have charged the phone 4-5 times already without doing much. It just drains away like there isn't tomorrow. Settings are on lowest possible and apps are all killed.

I still yet to see batt improvement. Did you guys factory reset? I think i'm on my 2nd day, and have charged the phone 4-5 times already without doing much. It just drains away like there isn't tomorrow. Settings are on lowest possible and apps are all killed.

Did you do a factory reset? It is highly recommended and will solve most issues people have with the update

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I got my update yesterday morning and tried to update my device and it says update failed...my phone is rooted could that the reason?

I got my update yesterday morning and tried to update my device and it says update failed...my phone is rooted could that the reason?

Yes that is the reason you should backup everything and unroot to take the update and once you get it do a factory reset and reroot if you want

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Rooting won't cause the update to fail. You most likely have an app or some apps that were modified somehow. Best bet is to flash 219 then check and download the update, or you can RSDLite ICS directly. Either way works fine then you can root ICS using the ICS Root Tool.

orangechoochoo said:
Rooting won't cause the update to fail. You most likely have an app or some apps that were modified somehow. Best bet is to flash 219 then check and download the update, or you can RSDLite ICS directly. Either way works fine then you can root ICS using the ICS Root Tool.

Ok and how do I flash 219?

Yeah, for the person you were referencing. When I got the GB update, any of the APK files that I had removed had to be placed back on the phone, or it would keep failing. Luckily someone on here posted the full droid4, and I knew what I had deleted. 'Root' is just admin rights, people tend to think it's more sophisticated than it is...

silver6054 said:
Well, it depends what you did as root. If you edited or deleted system files, that is the problem. Often just having root will not prevent the update, though temp unroot (using Voodoo Rootkeeper for example) is a little safer.

I just use motofail to root and I didn't delete any system files or anything

Do you have any frozen, or uninstalled with Titanium Backup?

No I don't
you may want to see if the ICS droid4 update file is floating around as zip file and load it manually in the maintenance/service mode, it should show u the errors on what stopping it.

jjh35 said:
you may want to see if the ICS droid4 update file is floating around as zip file and load it manually in the maintenance/service mode, it should show u the errors on what stopping it.

I have no idea how to do that lol can u walk me through it?

I haven't looked to see if the zip file of the update is out there, I'd have to look around.

Back