OTA UPDATE DROID 4 AUGUST 18th

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I'm getting an OTA update on my D4 as I'm typing this; It's taking a while to download even over my wifi. I expect it to be ICS but I'll have to wait and see. I will update this post once the update is installed. :unsure:

Fortunately, I'm getting mine too. Unfortunately, my phone is stuck on the upgrade screen, with "Android is upgrading" and "Starting applications" and a completely stopped updating animation. Device is unresponsive to any inputs, and of course I can't pull out the battery without ending my warranty.

EDIT

Resolved itself!

Last edited:
Checked for update & to my surprise it was available. Downloaded over wifi in 15 mins. Another 15 to install. All apears to be working fine.

Nice! :biggrin: dancedroid

yup its ics and its amazing!!! rooted already!!!dancedroid

So ive tried updating my d4 go to settings-about phone - system update . But the system update tab is transparent gray and not black like the other selections in the menu. I keep pressing it to no avail and i have tried everything short of a factory reset. I dont know what gives and would like to get the ota when it is pushed to my phone.
not rooted.
Sent from my thingy majig using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Kack said:
So ive tried updating my d4 go to settings-about phone - system update . But the system update tab is transparent gray and not black like the other selections in the menu. I keep pressing it to no avail and i have tried everything short of a factory reset. I dont know what gives and would like to get the ota when it is pushed to my phone.

Sent from my thingy majig using Tapatalk 2

I didn't have to do that. Mine came automatically. BUT I did power off my phone yesterday when my home button was acting all wonky. Maybe that helped. And from what I remember reading and from past updates they come at night when less data is being used. Of course that doesn't mean yours won't come in the day time.

Mine was finally able to update this morning. However, it downloads, installs, reboots and starts back up in 2.3
When the network starts I get a notification that says "The software update failed."

I'm temp. unrooted, no safestrap, I live in Michigan.

if u r rooted 2.3.6....i had the same problem...so i use the d4 utility tool...did #4 and it worked perfect.. updated

360silent said:
if u r rooted 2.3.6....i had the same problem...so i use the d4 utility tool...did #4 and it worked perfect.. updated

Aw, is there any way to unroot without a computer?

thats a question i dont know the answer too..i tried every way possible without using my pc...finally gave in and use d4tool..hopefully some one else will read this post and help u out..sorry

Fortunately, I'm getting mine too. Unfortunately, my phone is stuck on the upgrade screen, with "Android is upgrading" and "Starting applications" and a completely stopped updating animation. Device is unresponsive to any inputs, and of course I can't pull out the battery without ending my warranty.

EDIT

Resolved itself!

Hi Misfitofscience, How long was your phone "frozen" on "Android is updating" and "Starting applications"? Mine's been stuck on that screen for at least 30 minutes!

Thanks.

Finally getting the update. Toggled to airplane mode put wifi on and checked for system updates and it popped up. Although it is dl slow i am getting it.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

My update downloads but fails on install. :sad-b: I've tried it twice. Any ideas why its failing or how to resolve?

Back