OTA rolling out!

Terri M

Reaction score
This link to the file that your sun received OTA earlier as you say is the exact same system version that is on my phone at this time. My phone is rooted, but stock no leaks or roms or chess cake, just so you know.

So my question is how can you say this is the over the air update file??

I can say it is the OTA because I personally held onto his phone as it was downloading the OTA.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Remember to hit the "Thanks" button when someone helps you!

rjcapp

Reaction score
Make sure u are 4ever rooted or u will loose root. I had to go back, 4ever root, and them install verizon pushed ota.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've seen several screenshots of people who said they got the ota and their about phone showed the baseband(lte part) ending with 01. I flashed the. 893 leak a few weeks ago and my baseband ends with 02. And all the letters are in caps. Attached is my screenshots. Anyone else able to verify this if you flashed the leak?

cfac3a2b-ef12-6dfd.jpg

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
Well the update didn't fix the hdmi issue. The phone still thinks its plugged into the hdmi cable even though it isn't. Have to reboot the phone to make it go away.

markwebb

Reaction score
Just for laughs and giggles, reverted back to out of the box stock /w root and no update notification yet -- even tried settings to see. Might stay on stock for a few days to see if update pushes.

madmako

Reaction score
What is a "Soak Tester" and would you happen to know if rooted Bionics will receive the OTA or must return to an unrooted state?

Reaction score
So in theory I should be able to test updating via OTA without thawing apps, assuming it's even available. If I brick the phone, Forever root should fix this, right?

rjcapp

Reaction score
What is a "Soak Tester" and would you happen to know if rooted Bionics will receive the OTA or must return to an unrooted state?

No idea what a soak tester is. I was rooted and received the OTA. Problem is if you plan on being rooted make sure you are forever rooted.......

kptphalkon

Reaction score
A soak test is akin to beta testing or pre-releasing the non beta software for user feedback.

Anathema

Reaction score
So in theory I should be able to test updating via OTA without thawing apps, assuming it's even available. If I brick the phone, Forever root should fix this, right?

Yes, and Yes.

It wouldn't brick your phone, it would simply fail to install. However if something did go wrong - this is the thread to go back to stock R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

Anathema

Reaction score
My point is... if FC /bin comes up saying the files are identical, then doing an MD5 will produce same check some, since the files are identical.

right, I am well aware of this :)

However, there is a lot of misinformation floating around right now and a lot of people are obviously getting confused so the more verification the better. It's the scientific process.

Reaction score
OK, I 43V3R root to insure I keep the root. I havent' received the OTA yet, and when I check it says I am up to date. My wife has received the OTA, she is not rooted. I've got some bloat removed. Going to wait and see if I get the OTA, and if I do I will try to install without restoring the bloat and let you know how it goes.:icon_ devil:

lm2

Reaction score
In case it helps, I am forever rooted on .886, with no bloat frozen or deleted, never updated from a leaked file, and ota has not come my way yet. Not a soak tester either.

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
I've seen several screenshots of people who said they got the ota and their about phone showed the baseband(lte part) ending with 01. I flashed the. 893 leak a few weeks ago and my baseband ends with 02. And all the letters are in caps. Attached is my screenshots. Anyone else able to verify this if you flashed the leak?

cfac3a2b-ef12-6dfd.jpg

I flashed .894 and my baseband ends in.03