OTA is out!

AZDroid09

Reaction score
Just manually checked and it was available for me too. Download finished, installing now dancedroid

donerico

Reaction score
Two quick questions on this OTA which I also received;

1. Any chance it will help with battery life (I had heard it might)

2. If I had rooted my phone, would I still have gotten it? I have not rooted yet because I knew this was coming but am not sure if it would have mattered.

My "swype" texting is way off now. Not recognizing any words. Cannot be a coincidence!!!

THX!
Check your settings, language probably got changed to spanish

JoeHockey

Reaction score
apparently the delay was normal, it just looked weird that it seemed to "download" very quickly and then said that it was "verifying" for quite a while. It installed perfectly even though I was rooted, I did have to re-root afterwards but that was it.

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
Thank you. I was hoping they would fix the issues with the camera (slow shutter speed and blue tint), but maybe with the next update. :)

Sent from my DROID3

Confirmed fixed. As well as batt issues, radio issues, and a laundry list of others... there is a post somewhere with all the updates list...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
Check your settings, language probably got changed to spanish

Yes, swype gets messed up with .890, menus and help file force spanish (cannot be fixed unless you get the beta) and the texting language is set to spanish, although that -can- be changed to english.

Uncle700

Reaction score
I got the update this morning, but phone lost 3g connection when ota failed. This is a stock D3. Had Verizon and Motorola on the phone and their solution is to send me a new phone.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

fishacura

Reaction score
Weird that I got it and my wife did not..Both Verizon both droid 3 both phones received same day...wonder why she didn't get it. Weird.

Battery seems NOTICEABLY better....

dvicci

Reaction score
So far so good here. I'm sorry to hear about the problems folk have had trying to download and install over 3G. Mine went through shiny on my stock D3 without any misbehaving.

So far, it feels much faster, quick to respond, and the camera images have lost the blue tint. I can't speak for battery life, but I've been using Juice Defender, and have a BF6X extended battery on order all the same.

All plus and no minus from what I can tell after a couple of hours of my normal heavy use.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, swype gets messed up with .890, menus and help file force spanish (cannot be fixed unless you get the beta) and the texting language is set to spanish, although that -can- be changed to english.

What did y'all do to change it back. I set the Swype language back to English and rebooted. Still stuck on Spanish....

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
What did y'all do to change it back. I set the Swype language back to English and rebooted. Still stuck on Spanish....

Settings > language and keyboard > change everything to english, swype stock keyboard, etc. The menus for swype will be messed up regardless. But you can use it to type in english if you do that. Then for the beta.... need root. Freeze stock swype. Install beta from swype site. There is instructions somewhere. Google swype for android beta. Otherwise just wait until a swype update is pushed out... lol.

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
So far so good here. I'm sorry to hear about the problems folk have had trying to download and install over 3G. Mine went through shiny on my stock D3 without any misbehaving.

So far, it feels much faster, quick to respond, and the camera images have lost the blue tint. I can't speak for battery life, but I've been using Juice Defender, and have a BF6X extended battery on order all the same.

All plus and no minus from what I can tell after a couple of hours of my normal heavy use.

I just finished install and after a couple minutes some of the lagging issue i had have vanished. No blue tint on my camera. cant tell for the battery as it is charging now.

what is Juice Defender?

B

Riley

Reaction score
For people with swype issues....change your keyboard back to stock. Reboot. Switch back to to swype. If its stuck in spanish still manually select spanish and then go back to english. Worked great for me again after that. I've been using it all day with no issues.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I believe the fix for swype was as mentioned and then clearing the app data in manage applications.

wseyller

Reaction score
my wife got a new d3 shipment came two days ago. I checked and it already came with the latest update.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

seaniscrazy

Reaction score
I'm rooted, should I unroot?

I know it's probably on here somewhere but i'm having the hardest time finding it. I just got the ota update, I already unfroze all the bloatware, and I want to know if I should unroot before the install. I read somewhere that you don't need to unroot, but I wasn't sure if that was for the leaked update only.