Original Text Message.apk needed

OP
02Luis02

02Luis02

Reaction score
I know this is an older post, but would this system dump work on a droid X? I have the EXACT same problem... i was removing files and backing them up with titanium, yet somehow my mms and messaging program magically disappeared and was not located on my titanium, so i also can't receive MMS texts and the default texting message icon is gone from my apps. Any thoughts???

No... it won't work for the Droid X... there's another System Dump exclusively for the DX... I don't have the link for it.. u just gonna have to look around.

Jmac146

Reaction score
I know this is an older post, but would this system dump work on a droid X? I have the EXACT same problem... i was removing files and backing them up with titanium, yet somehow my mms and messaging program magically disappeared and was not located on my titanium, so i also can't receive MMS texts and the default texting message icon is gone from my apps. Any thoughts???

No... it won't work for the Droid X... there's another System Dump exclusively for the DX... I don't have the link for it.. u just gonna have to look around.

ok cool thanks, i found the droid x dump and downloaded it. question now... exactly what apk files did you reinstall to get your messages working again?

OP
02Luis02

02Luis02

Reaction score

ok cool thanks, i found the droid x dump and downloaded it. question now... exactly what apk files did you reinstall to get your messages working again?

messaging.apk but u have to change the PERMISSIONS as indicated on this thread.

Jmac146

Reaction score
uuuuuuuugh its still not showing up. tried exactly what you said and what another forum said with the droid x dump files i downloaded. it shows "messaging" on my apps, which when i click on that, has a logo for "text messaging" and when i click on that, it immediately goes to the home screen and nothing opens. any thoughts on something else im supposed to do after rebooting the phone?

Jmac146

Reaction score
whoooooooaaaa i think i got it! I'll let you know if its still messed up in a minute here.... but i transfered another file that said "conversations" too... dunno why that would matter.

EDIT:

ok... it sorta works. I think i get MMS messages now, but only thru secondary programs. My stock "TEXT MESSAGE" app shows up, but, i can't use it... still just goes to the home screen and nothing pops up when i click on it. handcent works just fine. strange

Edit Edit...

ok still weird. now i get a message from the default app saying "sim card full" - but handcent receives the mms messages just fine. what the eff. don't know how to get rid of that

Last edited: