Original opening screen missing (opens right to Homescreen).

Swissbird

Reaction score
I have the Model DroidX, Android v2.3.4. I'm not sure when or how this happened, but I no longer get the original opening screen (not the red Droid and sound, but the one where you swiped the bar on the right to the right to "Silent" and the bar to the left to open to Homescreen). The time and date were displayed at the top. How can I get that back? I don't really want to install another APP to get restore the original APP.

I tried to find info, but always got info on Homescreen only.

OP
Swissbird

Swissbird

Reaction score
I have the Model DroidX, Android v2.3.4. I'm not sure when or how this happened, but I no longer get the original opening screen (not the red Droid and sound, but the one where you swiped the bar on the right to the right to "Silent" and the bar to the left to open to Homescreen). The time and date were displayed at the top. How can I get that back? I don't really want to install another APP to get restore the original APP.

I tried to find info, but always got info on Homescreen only.

What? Nobody had an answer to this? I still have the problem, even after taking out/reinserting the battery, and clear cache routine. In other words, I don't have the original opening screen with a place for a password. Anyone? I'll wait.

OP
Swissbird

Swissbird

Reaction score
I don't know what that means, but the only thing I've done to the phone was added storage - micro sd card - 32G. Wait. Hubby says NO, not rooted.