Original Moto Droid- Screen timeout annoyance

Iowaberg

Reaction score
Why do I have to continually reset my screen timeout setting to my preferred 2 minutes? It keeps going back to 30 seconds at least every day. Is this a known issue or am I missing something?

Also, related to that...my screen dims after it seems like 10 seconds (whenever I'm reading something like an article). Then, it will go completely black after the 30 seconds. Is the dimming tied to the complete screen timing out? Or is there a separate function for the dimming?

Thanks!

ValkF6

Reaction score
Putting your Droid on a charger causes it to lose its settings for timeout and screen brightness, they return to default. It's always done that. I've become resigned to just changing them (with Quicksettings) after charging.

OP
I

Iowaberg

Reaction score
Putting your Droid on a charger causes it to lose its settings for timeout and screen brightness, they return to default. It's always done that. I've become resigned to just changing them (with Quicksettings) after charging.

Thanks! Doesn't seem very user friendly.

Game4set

Reaction score
If you want to make your screen not timeout when you're reading something download this app called "Screebl" which doesn't turn off your screen or dim it out as long as you're holding your phone (it detects that the phone is being held @ an angle).

Deserthart

Reaction score
Very helpful. Now how do you set it so that everytime you turn it off you have to log on and unlock? There must be a bypass?