different timeouts for screen and lock

johnb13

Reaction score
Anyone know how to set different timeouts for screen dimming vs. phone lock? I'd like the screen to dim after a short time but not lock the phone after several minutes of inactivity. Anyone know of an app for this? Thx.

SGTiger

Reaction score
Lock Delay does this. Unfortunately it causes a problem with the home and search soft keys if you have Froyo. I have asked the dev for a fix, but he will not respond.

www.BrandonGoodman.com

OP
J

johnb13

Reaction score
Hey, thanks. I just downloaded it and will give it a try. I'm not running Froyo yet so I hope not to have any problems. Thanks again!

stanrc

Reaction score
There is another one that I use called AutoLock, you can set the lock to enable after a time delay. I think it cost a buck or two though.

SGTiger

Reaction score
There is another one that I use called AutoLock, you can set the lock to enable after a time delay. I think it cost a buck or two though.

I'll gladly pay if it works with Froyo. Do you know if it does?

OP
J

johnb13

Reaction score
I've downloaded and configured Lock Delay but it doesn't seem to be working. The default lock screen still seems to be in effect and locks the phone as soon as the screen times out. I've tried setting Lock Delay to various times but no luck. Even rebooted the phone. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

SGTiger

Reaction score
I've downloaded and configured Lock Delay but it doesn't seem to be working. The default lock screen still seems to be in effect and locks the phone as soon as the screen times out. I've tried setting Lock Delay to various times but no luck. Even rebooted the phone. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I used it for a long time before Froyo with no problems. I am using it now also, but its disabling a couple of soft keys which is irritating.

In the settings, the Lock Delay Service should be enabled and running. The Screen Off Action should be "No Keyguard".

OP
J

johnb13

Reaction score
Yeah, I realized today that I had Screen Off Action set to pattern lock instead of No keyguard or Simple Key Guard. Now it works fine. Thanks for your help!