Original Droid - Frozen. HELP.

Chiefschic

Reaction score
Hi.. My phone has been frozen since last night, I have the original droid.......I took the battery out didnt work, tried charging it....it charges but doesnt change screens, and it recieves texts and phone calls but I can't answer them. I can't read my texts either it just stays on the locked screen.. I tried.. grabbing the grey bar and pulling down and it didnt work. also tried the menu button to unlock the phone when it's awake. and nothing is working.. Can anyone help me please...

UPDATED:: Still doesnt work, but.. more information. once i reboot after taking out the battery.. it restarts and then goes to the lock screen but you can't unlock it and none of the buttons work, the power button ontop brings it out of sleep to the lock screen and if I press and hold the top buton it brings up the menu to put it on silent or power down or airplane but you cant select any of the options the other thing is that the screen is really dim, like it never fully lights up

Last edited:
OP
C

Chiefschic

Reaction score
I cant get past the lock screen to do a factory reset. .any suggestions on how I can do this??:hail:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I cant get past the lock screen to do a factory reset. .any suggestions on how I can do this??:hail:

Assuming you are stock:

With your Motorola Droid still powered "Off," slide open the keyboard.
Press and hold the "X" button on the keyboard while pressing the "Power/Unlock" button, located next to the 3.5mm headphone jack. Continue holding down the buttons until a yellow triangle "Warning Sign" appears on the screen.
Once the yellow warning sign appears, press the physical "Volume UP" and "Camera" buttons simultaneously until a new menu appears. This may take several attempts before success.
From the new menu that appears on-screen, go down to the "wipe data/factory reset" option using the Directional-Pad next to the keyboard, and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad to confirm.
Scroll down to the "Yes -- delete all user data" and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad once more. That's it! When your Motorola Droid is done wiping all saved applications, information, and settings, your device will be back to the factory settings.

OP
C

Chiefschic

Reaction score
Thankyou... now my phone is reset and it says touch the android to begin, but it wont let me touch it.. the screen seems to not be responding.. time to go to the store i think huh? :( anyone have any other suggestions????

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thankyou... now my phone is reset and it says touch the android to begin, but it wont let me touch it.. the screen seems to not be responding.. time to go to the store i think huh? :( anyone have any other suggestions????

Yep, mountain biker hit the nail on the head - bad digitizer.

OP
C

Chiefschic

Reaction score
so thats a issue I cannot resolve on my own. Have to go to the store.. thankyou all so much for your help.

jchammer123

Reaction score
You can purchase the digitizer and replace it yourself, from what I've read its not that hard or expensive. I'm assuming your phone is not under warranty, and I don't know if that's covered by insurance.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums