Original Droid Extended Battery?

DroidBoyJesse

Reaction score
I wanted to get my sister an extended battery for her original droid. Any ideas on which one is the best?

Thanks

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you read any of the existing extended batteries threads?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the Seidio 2600ma battery and it works great. There's a 2800ma version available.

One thing, if she has the Multimedia Dock the Droid won't fit with the battery installed. There are other docks available (including one from Seidio) that will work with the battery.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
get a droid 2 ext. battery and door...im getting 15 hours medium usage easy

That seems a little low for an extended battery. I mean I was getting at least 14 hours on the OEM battery. I've gotten to 42 hours on the extended battery, but I don't try to do that. Last long time was about 33 hours, and that was went it was on the Multimedia Down which had become unplugged, meaning the screen was operating (though just black with green numbers) all night.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the Seidio 2800 - and it was one of the best purchases I made...it is huge though, keep this in mind

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing about extended batteries; the phone's software isn't set up for that. This means that if you unplug a phone from the charger when it says it's full, it probably isn't. Also, the phone will give you a "Connect to a charger" message long before you need to.

I use the Battery Left widget, but only because it displays mV. If it's around 4200mv, you're charged. When it's about 3500mv, get to a charger soon.

maxthehog

Reaction score
I see a few people talking about the Siedeo battery I am new to the Droid family. Is this another brand? I got the extended battery & it was working great, but the last few days, it has been dying faster than the regular one. I haven't downloaded anything recently so i it cant be a new app. Any suggestions?

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Official Motorola extended battery in my sig.

Droid 2 cases fit the of droid back when its on. I have pictures.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App