Ordering thru Best Buy to keep Unlmtd

Siouxsie

Reaction score
With all of Verizon' loopholes being closed I would like to verify whether this option is still open.
If I order a phone online from best buy using an upgrade on a family members line (they have 2gb data & we are all on grandfathered family share), can I still activate it on my line and keep my unlimited?

Is this no longer an option?
If it isn't an option can we then activate ordered phone on their line, switch their phone to my line and then down the road switch phones again?

Thanks

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you order a phone on a family members line, one that already has a tiered data plan, the phone must first be activated on their line. Once activated on the upgraded like you can them perform a sim card swap and the phone is then yours. And no changed will be made to your line of service.

OP
Siouxsie

Siouxsie

Reaction score
so I can't pop my sim into the phone then turn it on and activate?

Sent from somewhere down the rabbit hole.

OP
Siouxsie

Siouxsie

Reaction score
I am not sure what that means. What does completed activation mean?
Thought I had read somewhere awhile ago that you could remove the Sim in your current phone and place it in the newer phone, turn it on and activate dial some number(can't remember what).
Did I misunderstand?

OP
Siouxsie

Siouxsie

Reaction score
sorry, activate by dialing some number.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You have to activate the phone you receive on the phone number you used originally. Once it has finished activating, you can put the old phone back on that line and put the new device on your line, with a new sim card if necessary.
If you just activate it on your line upon arrival, you will lose your unlimited

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk