Order Super Bowl Domino's Pizza on Your Amazon Echo!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dominosecho.jpg

This is slick! This Sunday while you are prepping for the big game, you can order your Super Bowl Domino's Pizza using your Amazon Echo! You will first need to enable the Domino's skill on your Amazon Echo Prime account (and configure an easy order setting for the pizza), but after that you are all set to get the party started!

“Alexa, open Domino's and place my Easy Order.” Yum!

Source: Order your Super Bowl Pizza from Domino’s using Amazon Echo

Reactions: cr6

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So you have to login to your computer, futz around filling out some crap to set up your "Easy Order" so you can turn your head and say "Order me Pizza"!?!?!?!

Just saying "Ok Google now, call Dominos" and speaking to a human just seems a lot more efficient and quicker to me. What if you want to add something to your next "Easy Order"?
Login, change your easy order, blablabla... 'Order me pizza'.

I must be getting old.
;)

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once you have set up your "easy order" the first time, then from then on you don't have to set anything up again (assuming you are ordering the same pizza). You simply just tell her to order it and it's done.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
That's what I said. We don't always order the same thing. So I'd have to login to change my order just so I can be cool and order by voice? Nah...

TapaTurboII

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That's what I said. We don't always order the same thing. So I'd have to login to change my order just so I can be cool and order by voice? Nah...

TapaTurboII
I'm with ya. Sometimes you want a pep other times mush and sausage. Technology isn't always faster than doing it the old fashioned way.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

TapaTurboII
I'm with ya. Sometimes you want a pep other times mush and sausage. Technology isn't always faster than doing it the old fashioned way.
And don't forget, there's always different deals going on too.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You guys sound old! lol!

If you have a favorite pizza, or just grab several of the same pizzas at one time for parties, then this could be a mildly useful feature.

I would poo-poo this feature too, if it were the only thing the Echo does. The point is simply that they keep adding on more features that make it even more useful. If they don't start with the "Easy Order" then it can't ever get to the point where it can eventually understand something more complicated, like ordering multiple different custom pizzas, or... Chinese delivery! ;)

Reactions: cr6

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I am old but I'm also a hardcore nerd. I just think if you have to preset it up...it's lame. Give me full on ordering like you said.
I have Hue lights which would be nice to voice control (I believe echo does). Not anti-Echo.
I am anti-Dominos, though. There is a reason the once mighty Domnios is a shell of its former self and they've have to scrap all their old recipies and come up with new ones. At least they DID and survived (unlike the slowly dying Pizza Hut).
Not to mention I am a pizza snob. I live, I kid you not, 1 mile from 7 DIFFERENT PIZZA JOINTS (expand to 1.5 and there is a Dominos).
It's sickening actually.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I am old. I'm not lucky to have that many that close or maybe I do? All the chains are crap pizza to me. Frankie's in NO or Danny Boys in River.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Danny Boys. NOM NOM. Ever get the Clevelander? My favorite pizza of all time.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's a great pie. Ugh...now I want pizza.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You guys sound old! lol!

If you have a favorite pizza, or just grab several of the same pizzas at one time for parties, then this could be a mildly useful feature.

I would poo-poo this feature too, if it were the only thing the Echo does. The point is simply that they keep adding on more features that make it even more useful. If they don't start with the "Easy Order" then it can't ever get to the point where it can eventually understand something more complicated, like ordering multiple different custom pizzas, or... Chinese delivery! ;)
That's what I take away from this as well. It's not the fact that the Echo can order your favorite pie (which, by the way, when we order pizza from our two favorite places, we order the same pie each time) but it's that the Echo is constantly evolving. I've never owned a device that has pushed out updates as consistently as the Amazon Echo has. Sure it still has room to grow, but I like the direction it's going. They've come a helluva long way since the day I powered mine up.

S5 tap'n

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yep. Constantly evolving. Constantly tracking even more of your daily activities. Amazon is the next Google.
It is astounding how much we allow ourselves to be monitored for free things.
/Devils Advocate

TapaTurboII

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Not constantly, I keep the microphone turned off when not in use. Amazon has a long ways to go to catch up to the level Google tracks you. We won't even get into the NSA.... Amazon is the least of your worries.

S5 tap'n