jasonty

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade from my Droid 1.

Battery life is important
durability is important
space is important
camera quality is important
warrenty is important

my D1 has become very unstable (3rd replacement of origional) and I cant deal w/ it anymore and my 2yrs is up now.

Lets hear your opinions

skyshadow

Reaction score
You will get different opinions from everyone but here's mine.

IPhone- not durable at all and you will need one of the best cases to keep it alive if you drop your phones. Other than that it is a good phone and very reliable. Only negative is it doesn't have android and that alone is reason enough not to buy it.

Commando- I have absolutely no experience with this device. All I have heard is it is very durable.

Nexus- Google's new flagship phone first to get updates and has ice. Best processor and gpu out of the bunch with a gorgeous 720p super amoled screen. A few bugs (some devices have data drop issues that will be fixed by an update or if you choose to install a rom) need to be worked out but its a great choice for those who can't stand to have a device that stops being supported. From what people say its also quite durable since its made from plastic its lighter so when dropped it absorbs impact better, thankfully I've never dropped mine so I can't say but look on YouTube for phone drop tests. Also great for roms and dev support because of stock android and unlocked bootloader.

Razr- Motorola's new flagship phone(for now) currently run 2.3 gingerbread with motoblur, it will be updated to ics within the next 6 months. It uses the same screen type as the nexus but at a lower resolution so the screen on it is still gorgeous. Build quality wise I have heard mixed things. It uses a Kevlar backplate and gorilla glass screen so it is quite durable on paper, but if you look around on forums you will find people that say since it is so thin they have gotten pressure crack in the screen from little or no abuse. I belive its a defect myself as a lot of people will talk about how they dropped theirs and it survived with no damage. A very solid choice for those who want a unique phone that's different from all the rest as its currently the thinest device on the market.

All being said its up to the user to decided all we can give you are specs and our own personal opinions. Go down to a verizon store and see what you like best!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pokskip

Reaction score
Commando is a great phone not a good phone to hack and mess. Around with. Iv abused the heck out of mine and it won't break lol. Its fast and good res its not no razor or nexus but it's still great

Sent from my C771 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Listening to the features you asked about. The Razr maxx may be your phone.

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
There are good and bad things about all of those phones. The best thing to do is research them, compare features focusing on what is most important to you, and the biggest thing is checking them out in person. You are going to have this bad boy for a while so it needs to feel good in your hands too.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are good and bad things about all of those phones. The best thing to do is research them, compare features focusing on what is most important to you, and the biggest thing is checking them out in person. You are going to have this bad boy for a while so it needs to feel good in your hands too.

+1

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!