Opinions on Samsung Nexus S...

adsfa34

Reaction score
So I've been a faithful supporter of the OG Droid ever since it came out... I even de-activated my Droid2 to switch back to my D1 I loved it so much. And my contract expires in June so I'll be due for an upgrade and/or to switch carriers...

Well, I've been looking at the Nexus S and I like the vanilla look and feel of it and the openness of it, but I have absolutely no experience with T-Mobile.

So I'm asking you guys ... what do you think of the Nexus S and/or T-Mobile in general? I won't get LTE service until 2013, so that won't be a reason to stick with Verizon alone.

Just looking for your thoughts ... thanks in advance!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Great phone, but with T-Mobile it totally depends on the service where you live and to where you may travel. T-Mobile service is very good where I live, but where I go fish, it is non-existent.

OP
adsfa34

adsfa34

Reaction score
Great phone, but with T-Mobile it totally depends on the service where you live and to where you may travel. T-Mobile service is very good where I live, but where I go fish, it is non-existent.

thanks for the quick response! i checked the coverage map on their website, and it looks like i should have "excellent" service where I am, and pretty much everywhere I regularly have service now. i don't have service where i fly fish either...it's the funniest thing, the second you get on this dirt road...BAM phone service / GPS / everything drops off the second your tires hit the dirt. it's like they KNOW you're going fishing. it's actually perfect. no people bothering me while i'm roll casting :D

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

thanks for the quick response! i checked the coverage map on their website, and it looks like i should have "excellent" service where I am, and pretty much everywhere I regularly have service now. i don't have service where i fly fish either...it's the funniest thing, the second you get on this dirt road...BAM phone service / GPS / everything drops off the second your tires hit the dirt. it's like they KNOW you're going fishing. it's actually perfect. no people bothering me while i'm roll casting :D

Wow, you may be on to something there!!!:)

My brother and I were down in the Louisiana Marsh fishing for Redfish. I had my fly out when the phone rang. I answered the call, it was one of my clients, and a few seconds later a redfish rose up and crashed my topwater fly. Without missing a beat, I told the client to hold on I had something on my other line. I punched mute and landed the red. I though my brother was going to have a stroke from the laughter.:)

OP
adsfa34

adsfa34

Reaction score
^^^ I've gotta use that sometime!