Would you return your Motorola Droid for the Nexus One?

asmallchild

Reaction score
If you read the brief review at Engadget, it's certainly faster than the Droid but not mind-blowingly fast.

In short, it doesn't offer a significant hardware upgrade but there's a significant dropoff in network service.

Seriously, T-Mobile???

I wonder why VZW turned Google down?

Oohyeah

Reaction score
Not having a physical keyboard is a deal-breaker for me.

I love the Droid's keyboard!! Really don't understand why some people hate it! It's not the best, sure, but it's still very useable, and that's why it's also the thinnest full qwerty phone out there!

Yea thats kinda why I went with the DRIOD. I knew there would be a better phone coming out spec wise but I just couldnt pass up the keyboard. Plus I just wanted something abit faster and had more mem than my Omnia wasn't looking for the newest of the new lol although DROID Is new. Anywho I love my DROID:motdroidhoriz: I find myself not liking the touch keyboard sometimes and its always nice to be like u know what bam slip keyboard out lol:motdroidhoriz:

crap, you know what? I made the post about how the lack of keyboard was a dealbreaker less than an hour ago, and now I've discovered Swype. After trying it for just a few minutes, I think I may never need a physical keyboard ever again!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's not on Verizon I'm not interested... I need my phone to work, not just look cool :)

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If it's not on Verizon I'm not interested... I need my phone to work, not just look cool :)

ding ding ding......we have a winner.

using this phone on t-mobile is about the equivelant of buying a ferrari but telling them to leave the engine out.

because we all know about half of the droids speed comes from the network not just the phone.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Not having a physical keyboard is a deal-breaker for me.

I love the Droid's keyboard!! Really don't understand why some people hate it! It's not the best, sure, but it's still very useable, and that's why it's also the thinnest full qwerty phone out there!

Yea thats kinda why I went with the DRIOD. I knew there would be a better phone coming out spec wise but I just couldnt pass up the keyboard. Plus I just wanted something abit faster and had more mem than my Omnia wasn't looking for the newest of the new lol although DROID Is new. Anywho I love my DROID:motdroidhoriz: I find myself not liking the touch keyboard sometimes and its always nice to be like u know what bam slip keyboard out lol:motdroidhoriz:

crap, you know what? I made the post about how the lack of keyboard was a dealbreaker less than an hour ago, and now I've discovered Swype. After trying it for just a few minutes, I think I may never need a physical keyboard ever again!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

But do understand the chance of the nexus getting swype is slim to none, and what we are useing now on our droids is not a 100% working copy and will never be supported.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope, while I may never use the physical KB, it's there should I desire to. Plus I like motor hardware, and a little heft to the Droid. Lighter is not always better.

I plan on enjoying mine for the current 2 year lock, then just prior to that ending I'll begin looking at its replacement, or if I even need to; other than a speedier processor / more ram, etc, if it still does everything I need at an acceptable ( to me ) speed then why grab another at all? Will cross that bridge when I'm on final... :)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am a former at&t and tmob customer. They couldn't pay me to return to their network or deal with their poor customer service. I'm perfectly happy with my phone and with VZW so even though the N1 looks pretty cool, no change for me.

EXACTLY... I just canceled our AT&T contract on Thursday and made the switch (and got the Droid) and my only complaint is that I didn't make the switch sooner (but then I wouldn't have got the Droid at the subsidized price...) I can actually make a PHONE CALL now, wow...

AT$T is HORRIBLE in EVERY aspect. They have poor coverage, their "3G" network (when you can find it) is slow, they're customer service is the WORSE I have ever seen, and they are more expensive.

Now I will say that AT&T, until now, did/does have the better phones, IMHO and the GSM technology is superior (in theory) that's why the rest of the world uses it. I was a user of the Tilt for two years and had the Tilt2 since it's launch and they are, again IMHO the best WM phones on the market. That was one reason I went to AT&T to begin with, but since the move to TN their coverage is unacceptable.

kprojects

Reaction score
They need to first make it available on verizon, then invent the ability to use multiple phones for each ph number.. because I'm temped by the N1 but don't want to give up verizon or my droid.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
They need to first make it available on verizon, then invent the ability to use multiple phones for each ph number.. because I'm temped by the N1 but don't want to give up verizon or my droid.

GSM, that's the one thing that was great on ATT, the SIM cards, I could be cooking one phone, testing another, I could just swap cards. AT&T didn't care, as long as the card was valid.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
Ive been with Verizon for 5 yrs.. a bit pricey but worth it IMO, when I saw the nexus I was considering moveing over to Tmobile, but I love my Droid, When we get the update it will be just as good and we have the best network so no thanks I'll pass on the nexus which I think is the Eris on steroids.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

soba1

Reaction score
Would definitely give it a try:icon_ banana:
But only if it came to VZ

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
GSM code hacked, claims German scientist Karsten Nohl | The Australian
GSM superior? What? :icon_ deal: (devil's advocate here)

Yet another reason GMS is the preferred technology around the world. As the article states there has still not been a successful hack that can be used 'on a live network.' I still miss being able to swap between phones so easily...
Just found it an interesting read. And the ability to swap (sim cards) is HUGE. I unlocked my old BB Storm when I bought the Droid.