Opening Email attachments

mjs31

Reaction score
Checking the market place, it looks like Download Crutch (Lite) isn't there now.

How the ability to save e-mail attachments was excluded from the Droid by default, is beyond me. It really is kinda sad that this functionality needs a 3rd party app.

I agree. I only use K-9 now for my email due to its ability to save attachments and it will also show the images that people put in the body of the email. It does not actually show them in the body, but it allows you to open them at the bottom. Gmail never let you even see them.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have Docs 2 Go (full paid version) and still some PDF files do not open from emails. This is a big problem for me. It doesn't appear to be the program but rather the handling of attachments if my searching on Google is yielding the results I think it is.

Had a similar problem with a spreadsheet the other day using the full version of Docs2Go. Couldn't open the .xls attachment on my phone. Went to my Gmail account and had no problem opening the attachment using Excel.

I then saved the attachment from Excel (on my computer) and emailed it to myself. This time Docs2Go had no trouble with it.

My suspicion is that the original spreadsheet was created with OpenOffice or some other Excel emulation program. And while the "real" Excel (on my computer) had no trouble with it, Docs2Go was pickier.

Have no idea if the same situation applies to you PDF example, but it's worth keeping in mind that Docs2Go is not a "true" Msoft implementation. I suspect it may not be a true Adobe implementation, either.

RXX

Reaction score
I have not had the issue yet of downloading files. I wish all of you the best there.... but what I would like to do is transfer a .pdf file into my droid and keep it there and be able to USE it (it is a service manual) with adobe reader. That is not available yet, I think. Is it going to be or is their another way to use the file? It is rather a rather large (146K) file, but tiny in comparison to most of the MP3's I have transferred.

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
Yes, you can! Just click on the menu button and "attach" is right there.

Pictures yes, not documents, which account for 99% of attachments I send... has to be done from within Docs Togo... again, these are things that should be handled by the OS (or included apps). We should not be forced to shell out $$ for basic features like being able to edit and save an attachment you receive, only available in the Full($) version of Docs Togo.

Sadly as the time of my 30 days nears I may have to abandon the Droid for yet another WM device (which I HATE). But there are just to many basic featuring lacking from this 'smartphone' to be used for business... Hopefully 2.1 will be released before my time ends and address these issues.

If $20 is too much for you to spend to have full document management functionality for Microsoft Office then I have nothing to suggest.

I know.... seriously? You've got a $200-$500 phone, but $14.99 is too much for office software. In case you hadn't noticed, when you buy a $1000 computer you get a TRIAL version of office, you still have to shell out $150 or so to get MS Office.

bobweiser

Reaction score
I'm not getting picture attachments to my received emails. It will list the picture number and then it says "removed"! Do I have something set wrong or do I need a 3rd party program to open this picture files? I assume I would have this problem too with text messages with picture attachments. HELP!